Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fun Few Days

Hope y'all had a nice Memorial Day weekend.  I know we sure did!  Chris decided to head out to the golf course on Saturday...no surprises there. So, the girls and I figured we'd go on a little adventure.  We got lunch at Chick Fil-A, then drove over to Fort Yargo State Park.  We went on a walk, then got the urge to rent a canoe.  Ahh...we're such pros at that!  PIECE.OF.CAKE! 

There were 3 of us, but the only canoe they had available was for 2 people. So, Brittany ended up having to sit on the floor of the canoe in a big, puddle of water.  Not off to a good start. 



We, finally, made our way from the beach area, but we never went much farther.  Basically, we sat in the middle of the lake and went in 360 degree circles, over and over, again.  I think our paddles were defective! Boy, did we get in some good laughs...and I'm sure a lot of people who were watching us did, too!


We were somehow able to make it back to shore without the assistance of a rescue boat.  Felt good to be back on dry land, again! 

We decided to head back home since we were going to a baseball game that evening.  It's the minor league Braves team that plays close to where we live.

Here's the mascot, Chopper, who's always hamming it up for the crowd!




We topped off the night with a late-night trip to Sonic for a round of milkshakes. Worth every single calorie!  I'll be sure to post tomorrow about our Memorial Day and pictures of our house now that its covered in a fresh coat of paint.  Have a good one!




P.S.  I wanted to thank each of you for your words of encouragement and prayers regarding my GYN. procedure tomorrow. I made a mistake...I'm having a colposcopy, not a Cone biopsy.  I'm not sure why I got confused.  All I know for sure is that I'm ready to have it over and done with. Please keep those prayers coming!  THANK YOU!
April
April

Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.

14 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I can imagine you all just in circles on the water... :) haha!!!

at least you're all up for adventures!

Totally saying prayers for you lady!!!

Carrie B said...

Too funny! I'm sure the paddles were defective! hahaha

What ever that test is called it doesn't sound enjoyable.

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi April, I loved seeing the pictures of the girls in the canoe. I am sure it was the paddles like you said! hahahaha
I will be thinking of you tomorrow.
Sending a hug.
Lindsay
x

Blondie's Journal said...

What a fun day! I admire you for doing the canoe thing!! it sounds like it was a crazy fun time!

I had a colposcopy years ago. I had bad cramps afterward so you may want to plan to go straight home. Thinking of you!

XO,
Jane

Cyndy Bush said...

I am laughing imagining y'all going in circles, and the best part is that I know you all just laughed and had fun with it instead of getting mad. =D
Mmm, Sonic....I think I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!
Keep us posted on the test. xoxo

Panamamama said...

Sending love your way.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I'm wondering if you were going to the Gwinnett Braves game. My SIL and BIL live in Gainsville, GA and we have been to a couple of their games while visiting them and they are such fun. A lovely playing facility too.

Your girls are just adorable and looks like a fun adventure you gals had on Monday.

Blessings and I'll sure be thinking of you tomorrow.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

How fun to rent a canoe ... even if you only went in circles out in the middle of the lake. Some of the funniest and best moments are when we "goof up".

I've prayed tonight and will keep you in my prayers tomorrow.

Joyce said...

I love the minor league games-so much fun and way less expensive!

Lois Christensen said...

Sounds like a great weekend! That canoe experience must have been funny to watch! Hope everything goes well tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you!

LynnMarie said...

Sounds like you had the most fun! Good luck with your test. I did have that done, it was not bad at all, Slep through it. The "Prep" work is the hard part.

Cathy said...

Canoeing and the ballgame sound like fun. Just prayed for you again. Hope all is well.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm late here. Hope everything went well with your test. I have to get one and keep putting it off.
Looks like you had a perfect weekend and lots of fun!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm sure your test was fine - hope so anyway!!! Your girls are so sweet!