The painters are working on our house this afternoon and I'm really loving the results, so far. I'll be sure to post pictures when all is said and done. Another busy day ahead! Hope y'all have a fun and relaxing Memorial Day! See you soon!
Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.
you may also like
Welcome to my blog! I'm, originally, from Arkansas (Go Hogs!) and my husband is from South Carolina. We met on a blind date in December of 1988 and were married 10 mos. later. Crazy, I know! We have two beautiful daughters, who make life fun, exciting, and challenging! I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am. Stick around a while, won't you?
Sign up with your email address to receive hot updates straight in your inbox.
Welcome to my blog! I'm, originally, from Arkansas (Go Hogs!) and my husband is from South Carolina. We met on a blind date in December of 1988 and were married 10 mos. later. Crazy, I know! We have two beautiful daughters, who make life fun, exciting, and challenging! I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am. Stick around a while, won't you?
20 comments:
I have not had an abnormal result but I hear that can be as simple as just the test being compromised. I'm sure it's nothing but I will say an extra Hail Mary for you to be sure!
I despise those tests. ugh.
Have a great weekend!
Like Carrie B said, an abnormal response doesn't have to be anything serious - it can be as simple as an infection going on in there.
I have had the cone biopsy before. I would recommend taking some ibuprofen before going. What was the most uncomfortable for me was the clamp that keeps the cervix in place during the procedure, not the procedure itself.
My diagnosis was a pre-cancerous growth; however, this was back in the days before the HPV test. Even that, because it was caught early, was taken care of by another outpatient procedure (albeit longer) and I've had clean paps for more than a decade afterwards.
It's good that you are getting it taken care of, and it will be a load off of your mind when all of it is over and done with.
Hi April, I am so sorry you are having to go through this proceedure. I haven't had an abnormal result myself but I had a friend who did and further investigations didn't find anything to worry about. I hope and pray it's the same for you. Thinking of you and sending a hug.
Lindsay
x
I pray that you will have all results that show you are healthy, and that all procedures are a grand success. Happy Memorial Day weekend coming up.
I have not had that happen to me personally - but I know of friends who have had that experience & all worked out just fine.
Try & stay calm... worrying is my #1 hobby... so I assume others do that as well.
I'll be praying for you friend!!
Prayfully the cone procedure will get all the abnormal cells and you won't have to have anything but routine paps done to keep a eye on it. You are so great about keeping up on your tests that I couldn't imagine anything serious happening. I admire you that you keep up on all your test April. I will continue to pray for complete healing for you.
i've had 2 abnormal paps and both times they did biopsies that turned up pre cancerous tissue that was removed during an in and out procedure. from what my docs have told me, cervical cancer is a slow growing cancer and so the chances of it being actual cancer are slim. Plus God is bigger!! I will be praying that it goes better than you could ever expect! hugs!
I haven't personally but a friend had the procedure and also recommends taking ibuprofen beforehand. I'm sure you'll be fine-there are many reasons for abnormal tests but of course our minds always begin with the worst. I will keep you in my prayers. Try to relax and enjoy your weekend. I'm sure all will be well.
My sister had that happen and it turned out fine. The pollops (sp) were all benign.
I have not had that done however I do know that many tests come back wrong when things are fine. Sending lots of prayers your way. ((HUGS))
So glad your loving the house painting. Have a nice weekend.
April, neither have I had to deal with this but my daughter did and the second test was normal. So we are going to pray and assume your results will give you nothing more to worry about. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful home with its new coat of color. Enjoy your Memorial Day.
saying a prayer for you ... and yes, I've had 2 biopsies, both with normal results!! hopefully that will be your result as well. And yes, by all means, take an ibuprofen or tylenol before you go in!!!! it isn't a long procedure, just an uncomfortable few moments - but you may cramp and feel sore after.
Awww...my friend...I'm sorry. What a bummer. I'm a bit scared of doctors...went through a time when I was a bit of a hypochondriac.
When I was pregnant with Chicky, I had a pap smear come back abnormal and had to have some sort of cone test or something else. There might have even been some freezing involved. After that, I never had anything else come back abnormally.
Hang in there. I'll keep you in my prayers. *hugs*
Oh, bless your sweet heart April, so much to deal with at one time. My daughter had the same thing and all came out just fine, so will pray to that end for you too.
So glad that the painting is going well. That's a nice diversion for you in the midst of the "bump in the road."
Wishing you peace and blessings!
Hugs! I'm a big, "there's nothing to worry about until there's something to worry about" kind of person. Easier said than done though! Try to relax and keep us posted!
I have not had this happen to me, but that doesn't mean that I am not praying that this is something that's easily remedied and that you'll have peace during this time. {{hug}}
I've never had an one come back abnormal but reading the previous comments, sounds like it happens a lot. Praying you get good results from the biopsy.
I will be praying April that all the tests come out okay for you! My friend had an abnormal one a few years ago and she went for a biopsy like yours, it was done in the office and really quick. Everything came back okay for her. Hope you have a nice weekend. I can't wait to see pictures of the paint job! Enjoy and praying for peace!!!
I was diagnosed with HPV back in college. It was treated and I haven't had any outbreaks since then, but several years ago I had to have a cone biopsy because of abnormal cell growth. As my GYN put it, the cells were as close to being cancer as they could be without actually being cancer. I was put under general anesthesia for mine but they also did a D&C because of polyps and abnormal bleeding. None of that was so bad. What was worse was the follow up visits in which they used a little claw tool to basically rip a chunk of flesh from my cervix. I had to have it done every few weeks for 6 months, then monthly, then every couple of months. When I hit the two year mark "clean" I was finally released to regular yearly check ups. I am religious about getting my annual PAP test. It wasn't a fun experience, but cervical cancer is slow growing and easily detected...and the discomfort is much better than the alternative. I have had one abnormal test since then, but it turned out to be a false reading.
I went through this a few years back. I was diagnosed with SEVERE cervical dysplasia thanks to the HPV virus. I really struggled with this emotionally for many reasons. I went through the colposcopy and two LEEP procedures. All were quite miserable to me. So far, I have had normal pap smears. But my doctor has also been told that I will not go through any of this again! Next time it will be a hysterectomy!
I have a question though, here our doctors re do the pap smear just to make sure there wasn't a lab error. Since you are negative for HPV were you retested?
Praying for you!
Post a Comment