Thursday, May 14, 2009

My 3rd Vlog...Priceless Gifts

I'm BAAACK! Yes, it's time, once more, for Vlogemotions Carnival hosted by my good pal, Tim, over at Fort Thompson. I'm finding that creating a vlog is getting easier from week to week. Rather than it taking a hundred or so takes, I'm now down to about 20...OK, maybe 35. Oh, who's counting anyway, right? Please give some serious thought to posting your own vlog! It really is a lot of fun and you'll learn a lot about yourself in the process...some good, some not so good! At least, that's been the case with me...I sound so country-fied, it's not even funny!

Now, before you watch my vlog, let me just inform you of two mistakes I made. Well, there's probably more, but they're the only ones I know about! I talked about something special that Brittany did for me and I said that her friend, Alicia, picked "them" out. I meant to say that Alicia helped Brittany picked "them" out! I'm pretty sure you'll understand what I'm talking about when you watch it. Then, I read a poem Abby wrote for me and I mentioned the wrong letter for the word being used. See if you pick up on it. I guess I must have gotten confused or something. Boy, that is so out of character for me...HA! Well, there was no way I was going to do it all over, again! I'm not sure why the lighting sort of fades in and out. Also, I didn't realize until after my vlog was played back that I talked really fast. I think I was determined to break my own 5 min. time limit, but I believe I went over by a second or two. For a Southerner to talk fast...now that's a real stretch!





Photo and video editing at www.OneTrueMedia.com

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.”~Author Unknown


April
April

Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Your girls are so sweet!

I didn't think you talked fast at all but then again I am Southern too so it seemed all normal to me.

Happy Thursday!

Diane said...

you are adorable! you MUST yodel for us!!

i'm glad you had such a terrific mothers day!

Beth in NC said...

Girl, you are the cutest thing in this world! I couldn't talk as fast as you if I tried. My drawl is too long to fit into such a small space. lol

Your flowers were absolutely beautiful and your card was very sweet. I would have cried too.

Ok, so I did cry when I heard my little girls voice on the card she gave me -- so I understand.

Happy Vlogging day!

Love ya!
Beth

Shell in your Pocket said...

How fun are you!
sandy toe

Faye said...

So glad you had a special day!I enjoyed your blog.Have a gret day! Blessings, Faye

Mommy Mac said...

Flowers and poems...

Hope there are some future Mother-In-Laws for Abby and Brittany watching this!! Their future husbands need to know what those girls think mean the most to them! Why else would they give these things to their mama?!!!

.mac :)

LisaShaw said...

Hi April,

Thank you for visiting with me at Sharing Life with Lisa and leaving such a precious comment. I popped over to meet you and I'm glad that I did.

You are beautiful and I can tell you're a loving Momma. I love your voice and the flowers are beautiful. I was blessed to receive them and many treats also on Mother's Day. Being Moms and for me a Grandma also is such a blessing

You're a blessed woman indeed. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Blessings!

LisaShaw said...

O and it was either you or Diane who asked if it was my first Vlog. No, I did one last week. If you have time pop in and visit it under the label of VLOG.

Jodi said...

Your Mother's Day sounded wonderful! What sweet girls you have, and no wonder with a mom like you!

I'm a fast talker, so I had no trouble keeping up. But, you are the fastest southern talker I've ever heard..lol..I'm so impressed. I have to try to remember to slow it down some here in Arkansas or I will get some crazy looks from people! ha!

Once again, really enjoyed your vlog, and hopefully I'll get up to doing one one day!

Denise said...

Your daughters are such sweet blessings.

Tim said...

UHHHH Can you say chills? Thats what I have right now from watching that. Your just an old pro now at this vlogging thing.

It was so beautiful what the girls did for you, and their thoughtfulness is only a reflection of the Mother you have been to them. I cant wait until my kiddos are old enough to get me things on their own whether it be a fish tie or a donkey hat. I will wear it all with pride.

As far as talking fast, dont stop it. I talk fast too, just as I think all of us from the south do. I have to think about talking slow just to do it.

As for the yodelling, if thats how you spell it which it probably isnt, you have GOT to do it! If I can dance on that WiiFit, then Im thinking that you could give us a few bars of yodeling. No pressure though. But you better practice up!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Deb said...

April,

you are so sweet...you are getting better every week...you sound just like the voice I hear when I read your blog....love your stories...your girls are sure lucky to have a fun Mom like you...

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I really enjoyed watching your video. I teared you told about your daughter having just enough money for the flowers!

heidi said...

Next week I think there should be some yodeling involved. :-)

How sweet of your girls!! They must have a super special mama to want to do such nice things for her.

Pearl said...

AprilTV

Heather said...

very special gifts from your girls! love the card/poem and the flowers. the picnic in the park sounds wonderful too!

Anonymous said...

I love the sound of your voice : )

Courtney and the Boys said...

Wow...what a wonderful Mother's Day! That's what it's all about right there...enjoying your family over a bucket of KFC, taking a walk, and learning that your girls truly appreciate you. :)

Great vlog and great to see and hear you again!

Pam said...

I got an acrostic poem like that one too!! i am up for hearing the yodeling! my daughter taught herself to yodel!! :)

Unknown said...

April - you are so precious and sweet! I love your joy and thankfulness over what your girls did for you! It says so much that you want everyone to know how much you appreciate them!

You didn't talk too fast for me either!

I just love your joyful smile!
Blessings and happy vlogging!
Jill

Christina said...

Great Job! You are so blessed to have 2 wonderful daughters.

I would love to hear all about sister-sister!! Maybe next week?

Anonymous said...

What made Brittany's gift so special was how she had to scrounge for all she had in order to be able to buy it. The poem was so special.

Beautiful gifts from you daughters. No doubt because you are a fantastic Mom to them.

I say you yoddle for the next video.

Billy Coffey said...

Love hearing your voice, April...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day.

The Blonde Duck said...

Love the VLOG!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi April
Jessica and I have just enjoyed watching your vlog number 3. We could listen to you all day! It sounds like you had a wonderful Mothers Day. Brittany's flowers are lovely and Abby's poem beautiful and very special. KFC in the park - that sounds great to me. Please do the yodelling really you MUST.
Lindsay

Write From Karen said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day! Your daughters sound so thoughtful, what a lucky mom you are!

I'm very impressed with how much thought your youngest daughter put into her card to you! That will definitely be something you'll cherish for many, many years.

I scrolled down your blog and may I just say, your daughter looks so pretty for her first prom!!! I hope she had a good time.

Take care!

SmilingSally said...

It's good that you were spoiled for Mom's Day.

Amy said...

I love your vlogging! It is so cute to hear you talking and now when I READ your blog, I can hear your voice in whatever it is I am reading. Too funny! Great post.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That was really, really neat, April! Loved this!

XO,

Sheila :-)

He & Me + 3 said...

Love your little accent. YOur girls seem so sweet. What an awesome mother's day you had. Beautiful flowers.

-stephanie- said...

How could you not have cried while reading that card again? I teared up just hearing you read it. Daughters are so sweet. Great vlog.

Beth E. said...

Great vlog! My goodness, you did talk fast! LOL Like Beth from NC, there's NO WAY I could talk that fast. I have to disagree with Tim (sorry, Tim)about all southerners talking fast. I mean, listen to my drawl on my vlog! That's as fast as I can go!

Please practice that yodeling...we're all expecting a concert! ;o)

Blessings,
Beth

Daphine said...

I didn't think that you talked fast at all! You sound GREAT! I was sure waiting for you to yodel though!

Your girls are just so sweet April! How precious of both of them!

This vlogging seems right up your alley, huh?

Queenie Jeannie said...

LOVED your video!! And I'm a big cry baby too.....'cause I cried during your video, lol!

Hugs!

And yeah, we're gonna have to insist on knowing about that "sister sister" thing AND hear some "horrific" yodeling!!!!