Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Celebration Fit For A Queen!

Looks like we meet, again, for another "Wordful Wednesday" hosted by Angie over at 7 Clown Circus. What fun it is to share some pictures that we want to tell about! Pop on over and take a look around...you might never want to leave!

Now, the photos I'm sharing today were taken when Abby celebrated her 8th birthday. We threw her a "medieval" party. I say we, but it was hosted by a party planner, of sorts. She booked different kinds of creative parties for both girls and boys. All of the girls got to pick out a dress to wear when they arrived, complete with their choice of a tiara, hat, or head wrap (for lack of a better word!). They, also, got to pick out necklaces and bracelets to wear. Here they are all decked out. Notice how the table was set very elegantly with "fine china" and "crystal goblets". The lady standing up is the one who ran the whole party...and did a fantastic job! Abby is sitting right in front of her with her head turned to the side.Here's a group shot of all the girls...it, actually, got put in the local newspaper!
Here's the Princess herself waiting to be lavished in gifts!
The girls played some games from the medieval era and learned about life back in those times. I would have to say it was one of the best parties she's ever had! Of course, as we were about to leave, the lady who hosted the whole shindig, came over to Chris and me and insisted we look the part, too. So, for the sake of my daughter, whom I love dearly, I risked every ounce of my dignity by putting on the goofiest looking hat EVER! I present to you the "royal family"straight from Tennessee...
Oh, I'm never going to live this down!

Most things in life are moments of pleasure and a lifetime of embarrassment; photography is a moment of embarrassment and a lifetime of pleasure."~Tony Benn

April
April

Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.

50 comments:

cat said...

That looks like such a super party idea. And you guys look great in the last shot.

Denise said...

That is such an awesome party idea.

Unknown said...

How cute I love your picture!

Anonymous said...

How fun is that??

Anonymous said...

(ps 'how fun is that??' is another phrase of mine that the 2 year old I nanny for says a lot. :)

Sandy said...

What a great party theme! Very cool:0)

Anonymous said...

What an awesome party! Love the medieval theme!

Thanks for visiting today! Stop by again soon!

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a fun party...so creative and festive!
sandy toe

Buckeroomama said...

Wow, what a cool party theme!

Great family shot, too. :)

Susie said...

How fun is that??? That is a totally awesome party for an 8-year old! Great job Mom:-)

southerninspiration said...

April, you were definitely born in the wrong era.....that hat is so stunning on you!! :)

suzanne

missy said...

ha....i love it!!!!!
what a great memory!!!!!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi April
Abby's 8th birthday party looks amazing. They all look fantastic in their outfits. What a wonderful theme. I love picture of The Royal Family from Tennessee! Your hat is great and actually really suits you.
Thanks for sharing this fun occasion. I must show Jessica when she gets in.
Lindsay

Shelley said...

Great party idea!! Love you in the hat (it looks like horns but you are too cute!!)

Jodi said...

haha..I love these pictures April! What a great idea for a theme party. The royal family looks great!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

How fun....a princess party...complete with a royal family. I love this! I wish my daughter was young again so we could try our hand at this. She wanted a super hero party....6 little girls....all in underoos...it was a trip.

Kelly said...

SO MUCH FUN! MY GIRL TURNS 8 TOMORROW!! HAVE A GREAT WW!!

Sue said...

Now this is a party that she will always remember....not your average one! I love the idea and the picture of you and your hubby is great! Thanks for sharing with us.

Heather said...

what a fun birthday party! i love that picture of the 3 of you. it's perfect!

Deb said...

what a fun party...when my daughter was younger we had all kinds of themed parties...we even had a backyard carnival one year..it snowed the week before so we were worried..but the sun came out and it warmed up a bit and turned out to be a great day...
love the last photo...priceless

Paula said...

I love the pictures!
If Chris ever loses his job, tell him he could have a career at Burger King! LOL
(On second thought- don't tell him that..)

Pearl said...

April - you and Chris make for one gorgeous royal couple ;)

Rebecca Jo said...

I bet that is something she will NEVER forget! How cool parents are you all to do that AND dress up!!!

Anonymous said...

You are brave to share that picture! Have a great day friend!

Amy said...

Looks like lots of fun and you look super-cute with the hat :)

tiarastantrums said...

oh look how much fun it must have been

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I love that picture. So cute of all of you decked out.

XOXO
Jen

Darlene said...

What a REALLY neat idea for a party!!! Something out of the ordinary and I think that is WONDERFUL!

Robin Beck said...

Oh my goodness what a great time!

I was laughing at the last photo-It is adorable really but thought that it looked like you were about to poke Chris's eye out with that hat!!!! :)

You guys always know how to have a good time!

Robin~♥

Unknown said...

I think it's just wonderful. What a great memory for your baby girl to have.

Claremont First Ward said...

I LOVE these pictures. Looks like one of the coolest birthday parties, ever!

More Than Words said...

Wow!! How fun would that be!!!!! That is a great idea!! This is a birthday she will remember forever!!!! That is awesome!!

The Blonde Duck said...

Think 25 is too old for a party like that?

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

What a cool party idea! We have a place here called Medieval Times, and you get to learn about it and then watch a joust, but you don't get to dress up. You know you're going to have to top that party now, don't you? Happy Wednesday!

Blondie's Journal said...

Kids love this sort of stuff and it seems Abby did too (and you and hubby!). Love the "headwear".

We had a party at home for Abby when she was about 8 with "Reptile Man". He brought snakes and baby crocs, an iguana (that kept eyeing my parrot and flicking it's evil tongue) and all sorts of creepy things. It was a big hit!!

Aren't you glad now that we are older we are happy with just a piece of cake and a good nights sleep?!!

xoxo
Jane

Tina said...

the theme was a great idea. very different. and your little one no doubt felt like a real princess

michele said...

I love the "royal family" shot! What a great idea!!

Scrapper Mom said...

how cute. this looks like it was a blast!! i read your post about prom, but didn't comment at that time. seems Brittany had a great time even in spite of not staying for the sleepover. they always make things so difficult for us...for what reason. oh how life would be so much better if they could just see it our way at first, huh? she looked beautiful. think about me friday night...i can't believe it's here. oh! and one more thing. thank you sweet friend for your comments. sometimes it seems you are the only one that loves me! lol. have a wonderful day.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

April that is such a cool idea for a birthday party!!! What wonderful memories you all will have!

Anonymous said...

That is too cool! It looks like that was a fun party!

Lorrie said...

April this is so much fun! I've never seen a party like it before. I think the costumes look very neat too. You look like you could be in a movie!

Aunt Julie said...

Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing...

Jennifer said...

Wow that looks like fun! and I think you and Chris look very royal, indeed!!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

What a great party idea-I may have to do this for my boys! They would love it!
I love you in your hat-

Daphine said...

What a fun party! Loved reading about this and looking at the photos...especially the picture of you and Chris looking the part! Too cute!

Bethany said...

How cool! What a neat memory for your family-- cute family photo :)

wife.mom.nurse said...

What a special thing that Brittany did for you!

Both girls, actually. Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day!

wife.mom.nurse said...

That last comment was actually for your blogemo...don't know how i did that...

This comment is to tell you what an amazing mom you are, what a special b-day!

Anonymous said...

You guys look so adorable! I love it!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

WOW, what an awesome party! That looks like a blast.