Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Beauty of It ALL

Susan, over at A Southern Daydreamer, hosts Outdoor Wednesday each week. This is my first time to participate! I love being outside and enjoying all of God's creation and I, of course, love taking pictures! Please be sure to check out Susan's blog and see what other photos everyone else has posted.

This is a picture I took from our balconey when we went on a Caribbean cruise in 2005. We were in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean heading for the Cayman Islands and the sun was about to set. I love how it's breaking through the clouds and reflecting on the water. Makes me think of Heaven. While we were in the Cayman Islands, Chris and I took the girls to a butterfly farm. It was the neatest place...hundreds of butterflies inside an outdoor facility! Everywhere you looked, there were butterflies of every color and size. Some would even land on your hand or shoulder! It was very educational...we all LOVED it! Here's just one of the butterflies I was able to capture. Don't you love the color of it's wings?
During the girls' last Spring Break from school, we took a trip to the Great Smokey Mountains in beautiful Tennessee. We stayed in a log cabin and had the best time going hiking and exploring. This is a picture of the mountains that I took from our deck one morning. They are much prettier in person. If you've never been to the Smokies, you really need to go! They are definitely worth the trip!
After we were leaving one of Brittany's cross country meets in the Fall, this vibrant-colored maple tree caught my eye. I love how the yellow pops with the blue color of the sky.
This is a favorite picture of mine. When we went on a cruise this past summer, we took a snorkeling tour in St. Thomas aboard a huge catamaran. As we were about to hop on, I happened to glance up at the massive sail, with the American flag flying proudly in the wind. So glad I was able to snap a picture of it! Hope you enjoyed taking a look at some of my outdoor photos! I'll end with this quote..."I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in."~George Washington Carver

Have a beautiful day!♥

P.S.-I really want to thank all of you for your kind remarks yesterday. I had no idea I would receive the number of comments I did from being named the Featured Blogger on SITS! It was a bit overwhelming, but I appreciate it so very much!♥
April
April

Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.

63 comments:

Aunt Spicy said...

What a beautiful blog! Visiting from SITS, hope you hada great day being featured!

Janene said...

You have great photography skills and a great eye for beauty!
I can pick a favorite because they are all splendid!

Anonymous said...

It's been wonderful catching up on all your posts. I was particularly moved by the story of your parents... I love all your photos from this post. We have so much to enjoy all around us, don't we?!! Enjoy your day, Sweet Girl! Thinking of you. N x

Unknown said...

i love your photos! i want spring so bad!!! and more snow tonight ... waaaah!!!! send some soft georgia breezes this way, puhleeze??!!!

Mandy said...

Gorgoeus, gorgeous, gorgeous!! I hope you enjoyed your SITS day!:)

Shell in your Pocket said...

A butterfly farm how fun..we love the butterfly exhibit at the zoo each summer....love that last picture!
-sandy toe

Debra Kaye said...

April,

What a beautiful quote..and so true! Nature just screams to me of God's majesty.

You have some beautiful shots here, my friend. The maple is just awesome. Well, all of theme are beautiful!

Happy Wednesday! Hugs to you!

Beth in NC said...

Wow, you do an awesome job! I really need a better camera! :o)

Thanks for sharing those with us.

Love,
Beth

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Oh my gosh...the yellow in the Maple tree is gorgeous!!! I love when the trees change like that.

Stacey said...

Absolutely beutiful pictures April. I love the butterfly. :)

Aubs said...

God's creation is indeed gorgeous and you have such a talent for capturing it! Thanks so much for sharing this morning!

Michie said...

Your photography skills are superb. I love reading a blog with heart and yours has a lot of it. Congrats on your SITS day!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!

Shelley said...

I loved your outdoor photos! That one looking up at the sail was perfect!

Rebekah said...

What beautiful pictures. Amazing!! Thanks for sharing.

Rune said...

Awesome pictures:)


Wib.

Pam D said...

Those are gorgeous! I hope you have some of your photography framed and on the walls.. it is "art-worthy"! And April, thank you so much for stopping by the Borders' blog... it meant a lot to me, and I know it will mean a lot to them. Blessings....

Deb said...

I love your photos, you did a great job!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Beautiful pictures April!!! YOU are the talented one, lol! I hope you will keep doing these posts - loved it!

SmilingSally said...

OH! I am such a bug freak! I would NEVER want to go where a butterfly would LAND ON ME! Pretty pictures, though.

Heather said...

great photos! you do take wonderful pics of whatever is your subject at the moment!

angi_b72 said...

what a beautiful picture!!!I just tell people when i comment that i showed them some "clickety" love, and hope that that gets them to do the same for me. Let people know you have them, they will click for you!!

Jaden Paige said...

Your pictures are so gorgeous!! I love that one of the sail with the flag flying... So nice!
I owe you a bit of an apology- you commented on my poetry blog back in December, but since I didn't have comment moderation on and haven't posted since them (doh!) I didn't even realize it until this morning!! So thank you very much for visiting... And I promise if you ever visit again, it won't be so long before I answer :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Beautiful photos, April! I would be hardpressed to pick a favorite. But I love that one of the hills and that tree. WOW! There's just something amazing about it. I truly love them all.

Just wanted you to know that your link on Susan's is to your Blue Monday post. Just wanted you to know in case you don't already. I popped over from there this morning and happened to notice. You might want to try and fix that so that people can get to this one. Don't ask me how because I'm the techno-klutz of the century. LOL!

Sending love and all good wishes your way...

Happy OW!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Lisa @ Serah's said...

Beautiful photos! You have a great eye. Congrats on your SITS day.

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday April
Beautiful photos...Thanks for sharing.

Susan
PS You may want to go change your link so that it comes to this post (it goes to Blue Monday post)

Darlene said...

WOW April....all of your photos are gorgeous! You definitely have that nack for photography!

To answer your question....I'm sure a lot has been cleaned up but we still look like we are in a war zone. Some of the debris is now in neater piles though. It is going to take quite a while to get it all/most of it cleaned back up and looking more normal again.

My parents will be coming in from Houston today through the weekend to their home here and will see all the damage from the tornado (their home is fine).

Barb said...

What great pictures... I love taking photos and these are great... your blog is great...will make sure to come back and check it out some more
I didn't get a chance to get over here yesterday when it was your SITS day... so just wanted to say Hi and hope you have time to stop by and visit my blog too....

Anonymous said...

What an excellent quote! I gotta jot that down.

Beautiful pictures, April. I am a little envious of all the beautiful places you have seen. I HAVE seen the Smokies tho.- Breathtaking! :)

Unknown said...

What gorgeous photos..you really are so talented!!

I am envious of your travels as well. I really want to see the Smokey Mountains.

Sue said...

Beautiful, you have touched my heart, I just love butterflies and the great smoky mountains!!!! And the sunset was beautiful!!!!
Blessings,
Sue

Kaylee said...

Happy SITS day! You're so talented at taking beautiful pictures!

Mammatalk said...

What gorgeous shots!

Candace said...

Hey there! I'm stopping by from SITS, and I just wanted to say that you have a lovely blog. I love taking pictures, too, and that's the main reason I started my blog. This winter, I've been doing a lot more writing because I haven't wanted to get out in the cold to take pictures. I can't wait to get back to outdoor photography when it warm up this spring. I look forward to catching up on all of your posts.

Have a blessed day!

Kim's Treasures said...

Beautiful photos! You have taken many wonderful trips! Have a wonderful day!!!

Kim

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi April - What wonderful pictures!!! You have been to some truly amazing places! I will go check out some of the other outdoor pictures.

I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Jen

Tealady said...

April, great shots from your travels. You and your family must have made wonderful memories together.

All the best, Lana

mak'n Changes said...

thank you for posting such gorgeous pictures! I too am a avid picture taker. I think it irritates people some times but these are my memories and I cherish them. Im sure you would agree. thanks for leaving your blog open for me to read. blessings. I think i'll join your blog.

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Your photos are great. Thanks for sharing. The first one does look like heaven.

Aubrey said...

I can't believe I missed your SITS feature day. *sob*
You know I love you and everything you write! I'm glad you enjoyed your day. Oh! And your Valentine's sounded wonderful! What a sweet letter from your daughter!

Missy Wertz said...

What beautiful photos April! Just lovely.

Unknown said...

Hey Girly...Blogher Ads are different. We get a credit per page view, not by clicking on the ad...but I will click on yours for you anyway! :)

Go to Blogher and see if they are accepting applications for blogs. I don't know if they are or not.

akawest said...

Your photos are all lovely. I am enjoying the older posts on your blog. I don't think I have visited before. Then again, my memory is non-existent, so maybe I have. Yikes!

Michelle said...

Great pictures, April! That tree is a fabulous color and the one of the sail is my favorite. I love the angle of that photo!

Christie said...

Hi April,
It is such a pleasure to meet you! Thanks for visiting my blog...I appreciate your sweet comments. Your Outdoor Wednesday Photos are beautiful! My family and I went on vacation to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in 2006 and I'll tell ya girl....I didn't want to ever leave that place! I always say that I left a piece of my heart in those smoky mountains of Tn. Your blog sure is beautiful. I'll be back again soon. Have a beautiful day!
Queenie~

Jennifer said...

All of your pictures are fantastic - as usual! But I think my favorite is the yellow tree...for some reason, it just speaks "HOME" to me. My dad was always awed during fall when the leaves starting changing color and now I find myself doing that as well. Driving along, I'm always pointing out a gorgeous tree...the kids indulge me but I'm sure they're thinking, "Yes,mom, just like the last 400 trees you pointed out!" But they're so pretty - I can't help myself!!

Kristina said...

What gorgeous pictures!! I love the butterfly!

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures April! I also thought of Heaven when I saw your sky picture : ) And the butterfly...well, that is just delightful to no end!

Wendy said...

what a beautiful blog! happy SITS day :)

wife.mom.nurse said...

Your photographs are so lovely. I am dreaming of St.Thomas ")

Sandy said...

Great pictures April! I'm glad you had such a great day yesterday. I bet it was fun to be featured:0)

I'm off to click your ads!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are amazing! I love them all!!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are awesome! I especially love the butterfly!

Blondie's Journal said...

April,

All of your photo's are so beautiful. You have beauty far & wide for this post! I can't pick my favorite!

Great post & love the quote!

xoxo
Jane

squawmama said...

Hi April... Thanks for coming by today... Next time you come please sign my guestbook... I would really love that. I also think the picture of the sail with the American Flag is so awesome... My favorite but I liked them all... Have a great night...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Unknown said...

Love the pictures I hope my view from our cabin this weekend is as beautiful as yours! Thank you for the sweet comments about Andrew they meant alot!

♥ Kathy said...

The butterfly IS beautiful :)

Kat said...

Beautiful photographs. I love the shot you took in the Smokies - just dreamy! Great post, thanks for sharing these. Kathy

MaricrisG said...

such lovely photographs! Are you a professional photographer? Congrats for being the FB on SITS yesterday.

Anonymous said...

April,
Beautiful photos....just gorgeous....Love the sunset....everytime I see the sunset like that it also remind me when heaven open when Jesus return....Love the butterfly...it's gorgeous. I heard that they have a place in Texas (butterfly aquarium). Thanks for stopping by...it a small world...LOL...the ranch been there for 40 plus....that what I have learned from Hettie Lou testimonies...I loves Hot Springs...It's beautiful..the ranch is outside of Hot Sprins...I don't rember the community....Thanks for stopping by...havea wonderful evening...Katherinllen
PS.
Love your blog...it so Cute...And your family are adorable...Smiles

shawn said...

Hi. Visiting from sits. It's my first time here, I like what I see. You take great pictures. I'll visit again

Denise said...

Such gorgeous pictures my friend.

Bethany said...

Wow those are gorgeous photos!!