Friday, May 1, 2009

Pullin' My Hair Out!

Well, as you can see, I STILL don't have my vlog posted! Abby and I recorded separate videos and we tried to merge them, but no such luck! My dear hubby couldn't even figure out how to get it uploaded to Blogger. Guess I shouldn't complain...I couldn't figure it out, either! So, yesterday, I plopped down and recorded a video of just myself. As Chris was in the process of "figuring things out", he accidentally deleted it! It was a good video, too...for ME! I mean, I worked really hard at putting it together, even thought it took me about 45 takes! Long story short, I ended up canning the camcorder and decided to use Brittany's digital camera to make ANOTHER video. Abby showed me how to take out the SD card and download it to Blogger...it was still in the downloading process when I got up this morning! I cancelled that whole process! She'd, also, shown me another website that I could use and it did finish downloading this morning, BUT my video lasted for a whopping 8 mins. and 12 secs.! I had no idea I carried on for that long! RIDICULOUS! Get me talking and I might never hush up! :)

So, what I'm going to "attempt" to do is record a much smaller video later on today and try to upload it...or is it download? I am so confused! I'm bound and determined to participate in this challenge of posting a video of myself because it's something I DO NOT feel comfortable doing, AT ALL! So, be patient with me, faithful readers, hopefully by day's end, I'll share a video of myself talking about an emotion I've experienced this week. The way is stands right now, I'll be talking about FRUSTRATION...thanks to my computer illiteracy!

Now, as I mentioned, I chose a winner from my follower's list using Random.org, to receive a little something from me. The winner is Pam from Life By The Creek! Congratulations, Pam, I'll be contacting you soon!

Have a great Friday...you haven't heard the last of me yet!

April
April

Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.

26 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Eight minutes?!?!?!? LOL!!!! Oh girl, I can't imagine what in the heck I'd say for 8 minutes on a vlog. Oh, you are cracking me up. This should be good. I hope you can figure it out. Hey, I never thought of using my camera to record me on video. At least I do know how to take out my memory card. But from there I don't have a clue. lol

Queenie Jeannie said...

Hey hun, try using YouTube instead. It's very user friendly (they just made it newer and better!), and MUCH easier than Blogger. I post videos all the time and trust me, this is the way to go!

I can't wait to see it!!!

Shelley said...

Good luck getting that video uploaded! Looking forward to seeing it! (And what were you talking about for 8 minutes straight? LOL!!)

Shell in your Pocket said...

That is why I don't attempt this type of stuff...I can barely get a youtube video on a post.
sandy toe

ClassyChassy said...

It should be interesting....and a learning experience! I've never posted a video - except what I have found on You-Tube. Your audience awaits!

Rebecca Jo said...

Dang computers!!

Unknown said...

over at at sitedblogged they are doing a thing on friday frustrations... you should link to it!!!! hope your puter starts behaving soon!!!! and i hope you have a happy weekend anyway :).

Anonymous said...

You can do this! Sometimes if I have a longer video I upload it to Youtube instead of uploading it right to blogger. It's a lot faster (since that's what they do!) and then you get an easy embed link to put on your blogger.

Anonymous said...

Well, April, I was really looking forward to that vlog.... :o). I hope you get it to work!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

LOL, April... I'm sorry you're frustrated, but I'm laughing because it sounds like some of my adventures trying to post things. Can't wait to see it.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Mommy Mac said...

April--

I think I might like to do the video thing too. I will check it out--I am thinking I saw a link to your friend on yesterday's post.

Technology=frustration!!!

Don't sweat it...you are growing new brain dendrites and axons in the process!!!

That's always a good thing!

.mac :)

Heather said...

congrats to the winner! can't wait to see your video, lol!

Amy said...

Good luck with that. I actually could never get my videos to upload to youtube, not sure why. I did however, get them up on blogger. Don't give up!

Ter said...

Videos take FOREVER to download (upload, whatever) ... my 3 minute video took 2.5 hrs to load up! WHATTTTT? but I haven't posted it yet. Maybe I"ll put a survey on my blog and see if people think I should post it or not.

Darlene said...

You are just cracking me up over this video thing. Computer "stuff" just drives me crazy!!! People make things sound like they are so easy but for me they are NOT!!

Congratulations to Pam!!!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend.♥

Jodi said...

I hope you get it all worked out - and have some hair left in the process! Can't wait to see it!

Pam D said...

Wow.. I finally got IN to your blog! Kept gettting a crazy message about widgets. I can tell ya right now that I would have given up on the Vlog thing long before now; you are one persistent lady. And I am SO excited to be the contest winner!! (and so embarrased to admit that we've been blog buddies for months and I didn't even realize til this contest that I hadn't signed up as a follower). I love your blog, April, and it truly IS because it comes "straight from the heart". hugs...

SmilingSally said...

I get mixed up with the UPload, DOWNload too! lol

Jennifer said...

I have to admit you ain't no quitter...I'd have so thrown in the towel on that project! Its gonna be great....

Congratulations Pam!! Just finished looking through her pictures...

Have a great weekend!

Tim said...

April, you are so funny. So I cant wait to see your vlog post. It is soo going to be worth the wait.

I am so sorry you have had so much trouble. Your perserverance is just one of the things that makes you such a great mom!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Unknown said...

I love this post! Ha ha ha!

So nice to meet you to April!

I look forward to your official vlog post when it gets up!

Definitely try for the smaller size it will help! :) I learned that the hard way too - anything over two minutes just doesn't seem to work :)

Blessings!
Jill

The Blonde Duck said...

I hope it works!

Denise said...

Sorry for the aggravation. Congrats to sweet Pam.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi April
Sorry you are having a frustrating time with the video. Hope you get it worked out soon. I am really looking forward to seeing it.
Have a lovely weekend.
Lindsay

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Girl...Email me...for real. I will give you my phone # and we will get it up and running! You need to keep it to 3 minutes or less because blogger won't let you have a file larger than 100MB which is roughly 3-5 minutes of footage...=)

I want to see it now! Since I have just met you, I can immediatly put a voice to your adorable blog!!!! =)

Thanks for leaving a comment on mine!

Daphine said...

LOL! You crack me up wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much! I guess I'll scoot on over to your last post and check it out now.

Can't WAIT!