Thursday, May 7, 2009

My 2nd Vlog....Dark Circles And All!

Well, once again, I'm participating in Vlogemotions Carnival hosted by my pal, Tim, over at Fort Thompson. If you have the chance, pop on over and check it out...it's really a lot of fun! Why don't you consider posting your own vlog? Come on now, don't be shy! Step out of your box...I dare you!

So, here I am in all of my glory. You'll soon understand my post from this morning about being "too pooped to peep"!




Go out and make it a SUPER day! I really hope to catch up on my z's tonight! :)

April
April

Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.

35 comments:

Shelley said...

I hope you're able to catch up on your sleep tonite April! And 463 miles is a lot of running - wow! I think you have the right attitude that you want Brittany to enjoy running and still consider it fun as opposed to it being a chore - good luck!

Anonymous said...

First of all I am so excited that I was able to see this.-- ALL OF IT! :) I am at my husband office. hee hee

Let's hope the storms stay away and you can get some needed rest.

463 miles, huh?? Not 465 or 460.. but 463! HA
Hope all goes well, girl. :)

Unknown said...

April,

Oh my word - I totally understand why you are so tired!

Praying you get some rest today!

Praying for you to make it through the summer running schedule! I can't even imagine running 10 let alone over 400 miles.

God bless and hugs,
Jill

Courtney and the Boys said...

Hi April,

Thank you SO much for your sweet comment on my blog about my mom. I sometimes feel like I'm the only one in the world to go through this (I've lost my dad, too...10 years ago), so I just don't feel like many people my age can relate to what I feel a lot of the time. I'm sorry for your loss, too. It doesn't seem to get easier...just different. As my kids grow, there are more and more things I want to share with my parents that I never will. There are so many questions, joys, sorrows, etc. that I want to share, but I can't. I look forward with great joy to the day I'll be with them again, but at the same time, I don't want to miss a moment with my own boys.

Anyway, thanks for reaching out. And good luck to Brittany and her 463 miles!!! (and I hope you catch some zzz's).

Nicole O'Dell said...

WOW! 463 miles!?!?! Eeeek!

I do think it's cool that they can do it together, but I hope you guys are able to find some balance.

Ps. You're so stinkin' cute! I love the vlog idea!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

That's a lot of miles..whew!

And with a voice as strong and supportive I bet she'll be able to do it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Vibrating bed....LOL. It sounds like you had a rough night.

463 miles...that's crazy. When is she suppose to relax?

I loved the difference in opinion between you and your husband. It was hilarious.

Hope you do find that "happy medium".

Tiffany said...

463 miles? Wowsers! One thing is for sure, don't put Bella in Brittney's room at night if you know there's going to be a thunder buster! Of course, that poor child will probably be so exhausted she won't notice the bed vibrating!!

Here's to hoping your sleep is far more restful tonight!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi April
I enjoyed your vlog today. You speak so naturally in front of the camera. I love listening to your voice and hearing what's on your mind.
463 miles WOW that's lots of running. I am sure with the support of her lovely family, this summer, Brittany will have the drive and determination to achieve her goal.
I hope you manage to catch up with your sleep and have a more peaceful night tonight!
Lindsay
x

Robin Beck said...

My husband was the #1 CC runner in high school... He did not train much if at all during the summers... What it comes down to is if you have it, you have it and we all know Brittany has it but she will lose it if pushed too hard...I'm surprised her coach doesn't realize this. The running her coach is wanting her to do sounds like she is training for a marathon (26.2 mile race-I know, I've ran a few) I seriously think for CC they should only run a few miles more then their races to avoid burn out... I bet you ARE frustrated April...
BTW: I understand your dog frustrations: My dog is scared of firecrackers and they are legal here where I live so every New Years and 4th of July I want to take the dog and leave town!
Robin~♥
P.S. Girl even tired you look fabulous!

Pam D said...

Wow. 463 miles. That's a LOT of miles. a LOT. I'll be praying that you can, as a family, look at the situation from every angle, but especially spiritually; what will Brittany gain from running track this final year, and how can she bring glory to God through it? And what could she do with that time if she weren't running track? Lots to consider. As for your sweet little shih tzu, will your vet prescribe the doggie valium? It can be very helpful in calming down an anxious pup. So that you .. oops, I mean SHE can get some sleep.
Loved your vlog.. but I didn't see any dark circles.. you looked great!

Heather said...

you are becoming a pro at vloging! i didn't see any dark circles either. that is a lot of running. so many miles! wow!!

Christina said...

Great job! (don't tell anyone else, but I think you are my favorite vlogger!)
How many miles...I couldn't run that many miles in a year and she has 3 months to do it!! WOWOWOW

Brandi. said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Good luck to your daughter with the running. :) That is a lot. It makes me tired just thinking of it.

Hope things work out with that, and hope you get some sleep.

Beth in NC said...

April, you are the cutest thing in the world! Girl, I was just thinking -- if you told your skiing story on this Vlog I would be rolling off of the chair!!! You are such a good speaker!

I CANNOT believe the coach is requiring her to run that many miles. Isn't that crazy!?!?! God bless her - and God bless you and you bring balance little Mama.

Love to you!
Beth

Robin Beck said...

April, when it comes to Brittany's training that much yes, injuries and burn out are likely to occur. When I was racing I started biking lots and cutting the running down to avoid injuries. Biking really works those running muscles.

And to answer you Lori/sister question... No, Lori is not my true blood sister, though we look ALOT alike-I never had a sister so about a year ago Lori and I adopted each other. :)
The more you get to know her the more you are going to love her-You both are two peas in a pod when it comes to how wonderful and sweet you both are.

Robin~♥

Amy said...

I love seeing your VLOGS!! So wonderful to see and hear to real you. If I looked half that good when I looked 'bad', I would not complain girl, you looked great!

I laughed out loud at your comments about the vibrating bed and your dog. She is just tooo precious. I would love to get a pup like that for my girls, just wouldn't want the work of having another responsibility!

I hope things work out for Brittney and her running, good luck with that!

The Muse said...

You are just as I have imagined...graceful, beautiful and genuine!
(with a splash of humor just for...FUN!)

Pearl said...

463 miles? WOW! go Brittany!

you look so young!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

i love watching your vlogs-how neat to see you in person!
463 miles??!! That is just insane! Can Chris motivate her? I hope so!!! Keep us posted!!!

Jennifer said...

I have to GOT to get me some flash player so I can see these things!!

Have a great weekend!!

Tim said...

April you have got to be one of the best vloggers we have! I just love your sweet voice and am in awe of your animation. You are so passionate in the way you speal about things. You would be a great public speaker. I know your thinking wow Tim really is crazy, but ask anybody.

I am so proud as well of Britt. I know that the summer will get figured out and you will again as always save the day.

We continue to pray for the Abster, and hope that some of her pain is going away. I know how hard it is to watch a child hurt.

Have a great weekend.

Happy Mother's Day!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Billy Coffey said...

Hope you get some much-needed rest, April.

And I can barely COUNT to 463.

Aubrey said...

I just have to say that I LOVE your accent! You are just adorable!!

463 miles???? Seriously?? That is nuts. I'm tired from just saying that! LOL

heidi said...

Seems like exhausted was the emotion of the week!!

Hope tonight is better.

Daphine said...

Another great Vlog!

And are you kidding me?!?!?!? 463 miles?!?!? That's a lot!!! WOW!
I am sure there will be a happy medium worked out for everyone. I'll not only be thinking about you all, but will be praying as well.

I also hope that you're getting some sleep about now....

Anonymous said...

Awww.. Bella is such a cutie! We had a dog growing up that wanted to come in the house every time it thundered. She shook so bad too! Sorry you didn't get much sleep.

That's a lot of miles. I hope Brittany can find away to make it fun. I can understand her wanting to have a relaxing summer though. I hope it all works out.

Denise said...

You are a beautiful real deal my friend. I enjoyed this.

Jodi said...

I love the vlog! It's like having a little visit with you every week! I sure hope you keep it up!

WOW! That's alot of miles. I hope Brittany can figure it out so that she doesn't get burned out on running and can enjoy it.

Hope you all have a great weekend, praying for some rest and relaxation for you! You looked great in the video, not tired at all!

Jodi said...

Ok, so I'm commenting twice in one day on the same post, but I just remembered I wanted to tell you how adorable your little Bella is! What a sweet little dog. Sorry she has so much trouble with storms, poor thing!

Susan said...

Hope you were able to get some rest today and that your night goes better tonight.

463 miles?? WOW, that's a bunch of miles. Hope Brittany can enjoy it even though it seems so overwhelming.

Great job on your second Vlog!

Paula said...

*LOL* Poor Bella!! Ummm... I mean poor April! *snicker*

Beth E. said...

Wow...I would be exhausted, too, after a night like that! You are amazingly energetic, though, even if you ARE tired!

We have a doggy who's afraid of thunderstorms and fireworks. We have to put her on meds every year during the week of July 4! Our boys call it "doggy dope." Anyways, I hope you're able to get some rest tonight.

Our CC team at my youngest son's high school doesn't train like that! I've never heard of having to run so much!

I'm so glad Tim came up with Vlogemotion. I love getting to meet new people. :o)

Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

I don't really like looking at vlogs. Except for yours. I love when you talk because I love your accent, I love your pretty smile, and most of all, I love how your love for Jesus comes thru in everything you say and do. You are such a great mommy and a constant encouragement to me!

Georgia Girl said...

OK I saw this Vlog and the last one you did...Love them April...I always wonder how my blog friends sound and yep just like me...the southern ladies we are...lol...hope you have caught up on your sleep!