Friday, May 1, 2009

Mission Accomplished...My Very First VLOG!

Hello, again...I came back, just as I said I would! I'm sharing with you my very first vlog...and possibly my last! No, I'm only kidding! Of course, I'll do this, again...why wouldn't I? I mean, I LOVE to get in front of the video camera for the whole world to see! Yeah, right! I must admit that it did cause me to step out of my comfort zone and do something I don't feel particularly comfortable doing. My biggest challenge was figuring out how to get the video uploaded, downloaded...whatever you call it! It took FOREVER! Maybe it's because I went over the recommended time limit of 3 mins. Hope I don't bore you half to death! Oh, well...better luck next time, I guess!

So, here it is in all it's glory! I absolutely refuse to watch the whole thing in it's entirety, so there's no telling what I end up saying! Just a warning...if I hear any "you might be a redneck" jokes because of this...things could get ugly real fast! LOL! Hope all of you have a fantastic weekend!



"Don't be afraid to take a big step. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps."~David Lloyd George

April
April

Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.

45 comments:

Pam D said...

I don't hear anything out of the ordinary in your accent; you sound perfectly delightful to me! (but then again, I've spent my entire life in the South, so I might be just a wee bit biased!). You are much braver and more persistent than I, though.. I would have given up after the first failed attempt or the first hour, whichever came first! Way to go, April!

Sandy said...

April, I am so glad you were able to get this working! If I get a video camera soon, maybe I'll join in too:0)

I have to tell you, my girls stood beside me yelling "Hi April!" throughout your whole video! It was so cute! They really thought you could here them:0)

Blondie's Journal said...

THIS IS GREAT!!!! My dinner is burning but I had to listen to you for the whole SIX MINUTES!!! Girl, you can talk!! And your accent is adorable!! I have no idea what you would think about the way I talk. Growing up further west of Chicago, I do have a little more of a "farmers" twang than most city people and I will tell you if I ever did a Vlog, I would be stopping and giggling every five seconds because that is also how I talk!!

But you are brave and I love how you said you wanted to step out of your comfort zone. Bravo!! Finally, you match up with everything I ever imagined when I read your posts.

Dinner is officially burnt!!

xoxo
Jane

Amy said...

That was awesome! Now you are making me want to do one too! I don't know if I have the guts :)

You did a great job!!!

Billy Coffey said...

That was so good, April. Wish I had the guts to do something like that.

Love that Southern belle accent! Does my heart good...

Heather said...

that was a cute video! i was not expecting that accent. you have a cute accent! this was so much fun. it's neat to put a voice and a "real life" personality to someone's picture. you did great!

Jodi said...

April, I'm so glad to finally see your vlog! You sounded just like I thought you would. I'm so sorry for Abby, that must be so painful for her and for you!

I'm loud at my son's baseball games too. I have tried, but I cannot just sit there and be quiet and not cheer! lol..I can tell if we lived near each other, we'd get along real well.

Thanks for making the vlog! It was great!

Tim said...

April,

Fort Thompson just loves you so much!!! Bless your heart for all that you went thru to do this. I had to throw a southern saying in there somewhere. You are a true southern belle in every since of the word. Of course we knew you had the sincerity and kindness way before you vlogged.

You officially have my permission to vlog as long as you want. :) I could have listened ALLOT longer. It gave me such happiness and joy as I watched my dear friend over come her fears and meet her fans.

You are such an amazing lady, but of course you aready knew that. I am so glad that things are working out well with Britt. I know how stressed out you were about it.

I cant wait to see your next weeks vlog post!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Tim said...

Britt,

I want Alicia eating your dust at the meet. Can you do that for me? I know you will. Your the best.

Abster,

My prayers for you right now. I pray that God eases your pain as your mouth will adjust quickly to the movement. Just keep thinking that the pain wont last long, but your beautiful smile will last FOREVER. I could never thank my parents enough for all the did and paid to have mine fixed.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Beth in NC said...

Girlfriend! You are a stinkin' pro!!!! What in the world were you worried about? I barely sputtered out over a minutes worth of information and you just rolled right along for 6 minutes.

Great job April! You should definitely do this each week!!!

I enjoyed hearing your sweet voice. You sound perfectly delightful to me. :o)

Yay -- I'm glad you figured it out!

Love!
Beth

Denise said...

This is awesome, you did a great job sweetie.

Lorrie said...

Woo Hoo April! You did a great job with this. So sorry it took so many attempts, but you certainly are not a quitter! I'm so glad to hear that the prom plans for Brittany have finally been ironed out in a way you can all feel good about too.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

You are sooo cute April!!! I loved seeing you and listening to you. I feel like I know you so well. So sorry it was so hard to get posted. You persevered!

I hope you get everything worked out with the prom. And good luck to your daughter with the track meet!

XOXO
jen

Daphine said...

You go GIRL! I so enjoyed this. Love your accent!! For some reason, I was not surprised by it though. And please...You didn't seem to look out of your comfort zone to me and for SIX MINUTES! I don't think that I could ever do what you just did for even 30 seconds. LOL! Great video, April!

I'm so glad that Brittany and her boyfriend came up with something that everyone can agree to regarding before and after the prom plans.

I'll be praying for sweet Abby!

I'll also be praying for Brittany to do well in the race on Monday and Tuesday.

Blessings dear friend!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Yay April... that was fun. Well maybe not for you! I LOVED it! You sounded great.

I am glad that the prom details have all been worked out. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Poor Abby! I hate she is having to go through all of this. She'll have such a pretty smile when it's all over with.

Have a great weekend!

Tanielle said...

You are adorable!!!! I loved listening to you, not being from the south, I was mesmerized!!!:-) Hope your weekend is great!

wife.mom.nurse said...

Yeah! That was fun!!!! I am glad that you did this!

Loved it!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi April
We LOVED your vlog. Jessica and I really enjoyed listening to your lovely accent. We enjoyed the whole 6 minutes twice. Thanks so much - we want MORE. We could listen to you all day.
Glad to hear things have worked our with Brittany re the prom and we wish her good luck in the races. Our prayers are still with Abby and hope she is improving.
Have a great weekend.
Lindsay
x

SmilingSally said...

Success! I'm glad to hear the prom drams is coming to a happy compromise. Thanks for sharing.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Me and my boys watched it!!! LOved it!!!
My boys said, "That was a pretty good video".
I loved hearing your voice-it was how I pictured it with the southern charm, and twang...wish I had that. :)
Let us know how Brit does at the regional track thing-I am anxious to hear about it...and glad the prom plans worked out as well-
and finally-poor Abby!!! I hope it gets easier for you, and less painful for her.
Have a fabulous weekend, friend!

Deb said...

April,

you did great...and you are just as sweet on camera as you are in your posts!!!

Christina said...

Hi April!!
Your vlog is great! You have a gift for speaking in front of the camera. I had a hard time coming up with 45 seconds of myself! Great Job! and Good Luck!

Beth E. said...

Accent? What accent? WE don't have accents, do we??? LOL

Thanks for checking out my vlog and commenting. Tim has provided a way for me to step out of my comfort zone, too! I appreciate your kinds words.

I understand your anxiety regarding your daughter's prom. As you could see on my vlog, we're dealing with the prom, too. It's tonight, so we're praying everyone has lots of fun and has a safe night.

Blessings to you!
Beth E.

Sandra said...

Oh, I wish I knew how to post video... any video!

You have a lovely family...

I love Georgia too... I was there, in Buckhead,a few years back for a Pampered Chef Conference.

michele said...

I feel like I know you better after your vlog. I love your accent. I wish I knew how to post a video! Your love for your girls is so evident. They are so fortunate to have you for a mom!!
The prom plans are all worked out?! Praise the Lord!I'll pray for both of your girls.
I am glad you received my cards!!

Robin Beck said...

OH my goodness listen to that southern accent!!!!!!! Love it! Love it, Love it!

Your vlog turned out great April... Hope everything goes smooth for you next week~ Go Brittany!!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

I LOVE IT!!! We get to hear the voice... how cute are you!!!

But glad to hear Prom has been settled & everyone is happy! And rooting for Brittany in this race... sounds like its going to be dramatic!

And your poor babies mouth...

Heather said...

I know I already left a comment but I wanted to tell you that Ella has been watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang for the last couple days now, lol. I found it at the grocery store and ever since she watched it she keeps asking to watch it. She was just singing the "toot sweet" song a second ago! she recognized Dick Van Dyke from being in Mary Poppins. She loves that one too!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Sorry you have had so much anxiety this week!

I just knew you would have that southern draw!! Too cute!

I'm so glad the prom issues have been settled!! I know that was stressful.

I wish Brittany all the luck this coming week!!!

Poor Abby...that just breaks my heart...ouch! But, like you said the end result will be so worth it!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Wow!! Just look at the gorgeous woman!!!! And I adore your voice too!! You Go Girl!!!

I hope you will continue to do these because you're awesome at it!!

Hugs to your girls too!!!!!

Pearl said...

your voice is so pleasant!

Anonymous said...

April!!!!!! I am soo upset. lol I have silly ole dial up and it takes forever to view this. HMPH!

But I did get about a minutes worth!-- and you were wonderful!

It's great to actually "see" and "hear" my buddy from GA.

Anonymous said...

April!!!!!! I am soo upset. lol I have silly ole dial up and it takes forever to view this. HMPH!

But I did get about a minutes worth!-- and you were wonderful!

It's great to actually "see" and "hear" my buddy from GA.

Tim said...

WOW! Look at all these great comments! This is EXACTLY what Vlogemotions was meant to do. So glad you were able to figure it out. You are SOOOO loved!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Anonymous said...

Yay April! You joined vlogging! Whoo hoo! It was great! You have the cutest accent! And you're so stinkin' skinny!

Good luck Brittany!

Poor Abby. :(

Congrats on getting a vlog posted!

Anonymous said...

Oh April! If I thought I loved you before I totally LOVE you now! You are so sweet and I LOVE your accent. I love your mothering. I love your smiles. I love your hair. You are perfectly adorable! This was my favorite thing to see : )!

I am praying for Abby!

Amber Dupree said...

I ♥ you! You make me want to go visit my family in Alabama! I miss the south.

I also ♥ Brittany & Abby :)

Anonymous said...

That was great. My first thought was that you should host one of those craft shows on the DIY Channel. Good job! Do it again! Don't quit!

Shelley said...

You're very poised on camera! I can picture you as a newscaster or the host of show like Martha Stewart Living... :-)

Susan said...

Great job April! You looked very comfortable doing the vlog!

southerninspiration said...

Whoa, you did a great job......I am so glad to have seen you and heard your cute little voice. Now I can read your posts with your voice in my head!! Ha.
What an accomplishment you should be proud of!
Suzanne

Paula said...

This is so funny to read these comments about your accent, April... it sounds like normal talk to me!
(I would sure hate for them to hear me!)
It was great to not only see you, but to hear you as well!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Girl, you did a great job this with VLOG! And I'm so relieved for you that Brittany came up with plans you like. YEA!

Loved seeing this and love you a bunch...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Georgia Girl said...

Great Post April! Love that accent....you southern girl!

M. Wiyono said...

nice post