Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Am NO Rocket Scientist!

My good buddy, Tim, over at Fort Thompson is having a Vlogemotion Carnival today and several Thurdays to follow. Now, here's the challenge he's presented us with. He's asked that you create a video about a particular emotion you've experienced during the week and post it on your blog. Well, I cringe at the very thought of being videotaped! However, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and give it a try. Long story short, it wasn't an easy thing to do! The problem is that I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to upload my video to my blog, nor can Chris. He even has a degree(minor) in computer science! Oh, this is bad...really, really bad! He's promised to help me with it later on today, so if we can get it figured out, you'll see me in in all my glory! I know, be still your beating hearts! LOL! In the meanwhile, hop on over to Tim's place...he's having an incredible giveaway involving a cool camcorder! Go put your name in the hat!

Here's another giveaway you might want to check out! It involves some stuff to make you smell really good!

Don't forget...I'll be choosing a winner at random from my follower's list today to receive a special surprise from me. I'll announce the winner on tomorrow's post! Enjoy your Thursday!



P.S. I "cranked" Abby's palatal expander for the first time last night...she burst into tears! She said it hurt so badly! I felt awful because there wasn't much I could do for her, other than give her some Motrin for the pain. She woke up this morning and it was even worse. Please pray that her discomfort eases up soon...it's hard on this softie of a mom!
April
April

Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.

35 comments:

Stacey said...

I had a palatal expander eons ago. They hurt very much. You can feel your mouth moving. Feels like your head is in a vice. Keep the Motrin going on schedule!

Unknown said...

Poor baby! I wish I could help with the video thing but I tried to load one time and could not get it to work I hope ya'll figure it out!

Aubs said...

Poor Abby....that is the worst! Its almost too much to take when your baby is in pain and there is nothing you can do! I will be praying for comfort for her!

Rebecca Jo said...

OUCH... poor Abby... I know that has to break your heart!!!! Hopefully Motrin will help...

Anxiously awaiting the video! That's great you gave it a go!!!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Looking forward to the video! Be patient...it takes forever to load.

Love your blog...your family is adorable and I love that you "get around"! In the nicest way, of course. I look forward to traveling with my family as my boys grow. I've never really been out west, so your pics of the Grand Canyon and Colorado have me yearning!

I'm following along, now! :) Happy Thursday!

Darlene said...

Poor, poor Abby. Keep her on the Motrin. Too bad Abby couldn't have the appliance that Lexi has....but Lexi has been wearing hers for several years now. It has though expanded her palate.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Oh Apil - I'm so sorry she is in so much pain! My girls both had those. I remember that they hurt at first but then it got better. Hang in there! I remember letting them have popsicles and ice cream to sooth their mouths. Maybe that would help??

((hugs))
Jen

Ter said...

To post a video:

In your create a post window, next to the button you click to add photos to your post, there is a film strip icon. Click that. Follow the instructions as you would for uploading a photo, except you are uploading a video. It takes a VERY LONG time for it to show up.

I made a vlog last week but I haven't posted it. I put a little blurb about it in my blog. I said that i made it but was only going to post it if people wanted to see it. Only one person said they wanted to see it and it was someone who had never commented on my blog before so I wasn't too keen on making that person want to watch it. They said "post it, vlogs are funny!" but yeah I don't think mine was funny, more like sad. But oh well.

I wish I could hear better, then I'd be able to enjoy vlogs more.

Pearl said...

awww poor abby.. i hope she feels better soon!

Deb said...

who hurt worse you or her? Hope it feels better soon..

Shelley said...

Poor sweet little Abby!! I hope she doesn't have to go thru this for too long!!

Sandy said...

I said a prayer for Abby! I hope her pain eases soon.

Can't wait to see your vlog!

Anonymous said...

Bless.... You know she is going to dread it each and every time you have to do that. ((hugs)) for you too, mom.

Video, huh??? Can't wait! :)

Lorrie said...

I hate those palate expanders--I've had them, my siblings have had them, and so have my kids. I know they are necessary but they are just awful!

Good luck getting your video to upload. They do take ages especially if it's a big file. If Blogger isn't working for you, try Vimeo where you can upload and then just embed it in your blog post.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi April
Good luck with uploading the video. We managed to do it once so I am sure you can figure it out too. It did take a long time to upload to blogger ( about 40 minutes for about 20 seconds of video).
Sorry to hear about Abby. She must have felt like she was being tortured. I hope she is not in as much pain now. She is in our prayers.
Jessica and I are sending her a hug.
HUG
Lindsay
x

SmilingSally said...

Poor Abby.

Billy Coffey said...

Palatal expander. That even sounds painful. And all the good moms in this world are softies. Don't let anyone tell you different. Prayers for the both of you.

As for the video thingy, I wish I could offer some assistance. Unfortunately, it's all I can do to get a post up on my blog without blowing up the house. Electronics and me do not mix.

The Muse said...

Prayers going up right now!

Daphine said...

Anxiously awaiting the video! lol!

Praying for sweet Abby!

missy said...

can't wait to see the video!!!!!!
and poor abby......yikes that does not sound like fun at all!!!!
hope she feels better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor baby. :( :( :(

That sounds like a really cool challenge-I hope you figure out how to load your video. Mine loads the same as my pics do and then I just upload them into youtube even though blogger can do it but I always have problems w/ blogger doing videos.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I feel bad for poor Abby!
(Are your ears ringing?)
We were talking about you last night on our "date night" and the high school sleepover...I was telling my husband all about it...and we were both in agreement with you-stay a meanie!!! My husband said it was funny how we talk about you like you live around the corner, and this was the "neighborhood" delema of the day-LOL
Thinking of you, and hoping for the update so I can fill in Tin Man!

Denise said...

Praying for Abby.

Tim said...

Prayers for the Abster. When I got mine done they always gave me this rubbery thing to bite down on to help with the adjustment. It hurt to do, but made the pain go away faster.

Cant wait to see your vlog! Let me know if I can help. It doesnt take 40 minutes to download 20 seconds of video unless you are trying to download a REALLY big file. The uploading it to blogger is what will take a little time. Just depends on the size of the file you are using.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Anonymous said...

I had to load it to YouTube then my blog for it to work. Good luck trying. It would be a shame to let a good video go to waste.

Shell in your Pocket said...

The video sounds fun but I don't have the stuff to do it! Come on April...I want to see you!
sandy toe

Jennifer said...

Oh goodness - poor Abby! Sure pray that it will feel better soon. Also, anxious to see that video...once you figure it out :)

Anonymous said...

April! I would love to see your pretty self talking! I have NO idea how you would do something like that either. That is too complicated for me! So all day I was worrying that you might be mad at me for saying Brit might be ok at the party. I hope you aren't. I don't think you are though because you just left me a nice comment!

PS You are always kinder than necessary.

Mommy Mac said...

Silly expander!

My brother had one of those. Let's just say he didn't make it through due to his horrible aches and my mom and dad could hardly stand the pain for him

Gos is testing you, sister.

Expander and high school prom sleepover?

Stick to His will. Pray for peace. And give that girl motrin!!!

Love,
.mac :)

Scrapper Mom said...

Hey April. I've been behind again..of course, but I just got caught up. Wow..what prom drama. You know I've been thinking about your dilemna with the after party. That's really a hard one. Since this is just her junior prom, I might tell her she can stay til midnight or so and then she has to come home. Now next year, I might give in. I was a very sheltered teen and didn't ever act out, but even my mother allowed me to stay at a co ed overnight prom party at my girlfriends house my senior year. All we did was watch movies and eat and in all reality, that's probably all they are going to do. When the sun came up we all piled into our vehicles and ate breakfast at a local rest. It may even be ok this year if you spoke directly to the parents and found out exactly what the itinerary was going to be and who was going to be watching the kids (and what kinds of kids are going to be there). I'm not trying to persuade you from following your heart. I'm not sure what I would do if Kyle would've asked to do something like that, but I do know what I did when I was a teenager. Luckily he had to take the ACT the morning after prom, so he came on home and went to bed. lol. I'm sure you will make the right decision.

did you ever see my post with his prom pictures? I can't wait to see Brittany's!

Scrapper Mom said...

oh yeah, and the funny thing is, my dd was in a program at school today and I was going to try to rack my brain to figure out the video thing for my post today. I was proud of her and wanted to share. If I figure it out I'll let you know!

wife.mom.nurse said...

Oh goodness! I am so sorry that she has to suffer. Poor thing. I have remembered her in prayer.

Beth in NC said...

Oh, your poor baby! I'm so sorry. I pray God will ease her pain.

And I'm so disappointed that your vlog isn't showing. I hope you guys can figure it out. I don't have a clue how to make one!

Anonymous said...

Poor Abby! I can only imagine how bad that would hurt. I hope it gets a little easier for her.

I am looking forward to your blog. I hope you get it working soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm hurting just hearing you talk about Abby's mouth. Poor girl! I'll be praying for her.