Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I ♥ Faces...A Penny For Her Thoughts

I'm participating, again, in the I ♥ Faces weekly photography contest. This week's theme is NO FLASH, so you have to rely on natural lighting. Be sure to check out all the great photos that are being entered this week!

Chris, Abby, and I went out to our local park a few days ago for a walk, so I grabbed my camera. There are so many spots to stop and take some beautiful pictures. One of my favorites places is a pier that juts out a little ways into the lake. I took this picture of Abby standing there...it looks like she's deep in thought about something. I glanced at this picture and all I could think about is that she's no longer a little girl, anymore. She's evolving into such a beautiful young lady and I'm so proud to have her as my daughter...even if she does make fun of me sometimes! :)

Now, yesterday, as I was out running some errands, this song came on the radio and I got so choked up! It's sung by Darius Rucker, the former lead singer for Hootie and the Blowfish. REALLY listen to the words...hope you enjoy it!













"A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart."~Author Unknown

April
April

Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.

37 comments:

Denise said...

I love that song. Your daughter is a very lovely young woman.

Wendy said...

Your Daughter is beautiful April, she's growing up fast! .x.

Shelley said...

Wonderful capture of your daughter! You do take great photos!!

Beth in NC said...

That is a sweet picture of your daughter. And I love this song. Isn't it a "hoot" (pardon the pun) that he is now singing country?

Rebekah said...

Such a great choice for this week!! The picture and daughter are beautiful!!!

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a pretty picture of your daughter!
sandy toe

Aubs said...

Beautiful picture...they do indeed grow up way too fast. I LOVE that song...what a reminder to cherish everything about every stage...the good, the bad and everything inbetween! Indeed it won't be like this for long....

Deb said...

Nice photo, I love that song, your quote is great, my daughter is 20 and still sits on our laps, we teased her when she was little that she would be 40 and still sitting on our laps, that maybe true! We love it.

SmilingSally said...

You're having fun with this meme. Good for you.

Unknown said...

Beautiful post! Love the quote!

Darlene said...

Beautiful picture of your daughter. Great song!

Amy said...

Nice shot! I Love photos taken from the side or not directly from the front.

I am having a blast participating in iHeartFaces...I have a new photo blog in the works, can't wait!

Anonymous said...

That's such a sweet song, isn't it??

Lovely post

Ter said...

That's a great photo!

I don't know about the song though. When I clicked to listen to it it said "copyrights restrict us from playing outside of the US."

wife.mom.nurse said...

I love that pensive gaze. Great picture. I heart faces is an awesome site. Good for you for entering ")

Unknown said...

What a great shot :-) she really does look so thoughtful!

Pam D said...

Awww, I love the picture! The sweet bow that means she isn't totally grown up, but that look that says she's almost there. And I like the muted colors in the background, too.. great shot! and the song... lump in the throat... *sigh*....

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Your daughter Abby is beautiful!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog : )
Good luck in the contest...great picture!!!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a sweet picture! Sometimes it takes a picture for me to see how much my kids are changing. Seeing them everyday I don;t notice as much as I do when I look at a photo.

Beautiful! Have a wonderful day April!

XOXO
Jen

The Blonde Duck said...

The song makes you think!

Daphine said...

Love this picture of Abby! I am at work during my lunch hour and wasn't able to bring up the video. I'll have to listen to it at home tonight:(

I hope that you're having a terrific day !

Anonymous said...

I love this photo so beautiful!

Heather said...

cute picture! great song. i've never heard it before. thanks for sharing! happy Tuesday friend!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi April
Abby is so beautiful. I wonder what she was thinking. Did you ask her?
I couldn't view the video. It said it was not available outside the US!
Are you excited for your forthcoming trip? Now long to wait now.
Lindsay

Melissa Miller said...

Your daughter is so beautiful.

I used to love Hootie and the Blowfish!
I didn't know he sang Country now.
It's a lovely song.

Happy Spring to you! :)

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture of Abby, April. I love pictures like that.. much better than posed ones.

I love that song by Darrius Rucker and am so glad that he went country. It really suits him well. He has always had a beautiful voice. This song actually reminds me of Wayne & Suzanna every time I hear it. Although their child is a boy. At first they weren't getting much sleep.... :o)

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Ok-now I am crying (again...) that was so sweet! I am going to have my good friend listen to that too-soooo true-I try to enjoy each moment with my boys...
Ps-Love the new header and saying...

Anonymous said...

Hey. My computer totally sucks w/ buffering on videos. What's the name of the song so I can look it up?

That picture is great!

Unknown said...

Abby is really a stunning girl! Another great post from wonderful you.

Celeste said...

Hi April!
I'm visiting all of my followers today to inform you all that I have 2 new giveaways on my blog! You could win a Custom, Handstamped Silver Necklace (winner chooses which one!)...or...2 Fork Easels w/ Recipe Cards! :)
If you've already entered - thanks!

http://etsyitup.blogspot.com/

Blessings,
Celeste

SILVER said...

like the quote on daughter.

she looks very sweet too!

smiles,

Silver
from One Day at a Time

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Awesome, April! I enjoyed this thoroughly, and I love the pic of your baby...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Tim said...

Geez April, a little warning next time. Im sitting here in tears now. This song hit me for some reason more than Cinderella did and his daughter actually died after he wrote it.

I have thought about this allot lately with Taylor. Everytime she loses a tooth, when she reads a new word, when she would rather play with the kids across the street than to spend some time with me. I have because of this found myself doing things like having lunch with her at school more often, playing with her more, and cherishing each and every moment i have. This was just another great reminder of that. Thanks so much.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Erin said...

Beautiful photo. I love the softness.

Great blog!

Thanks for visiting me!

Anonymous said...

She is a beauty! Like her Momma : ).

Youth Leaders said...

I do love this picture. She does look like she is deep in thought, and such beautiful background.

Keri said...

I really like the profile picture of your daughter. Such a great picture and I love the blurred scenery. Very nice.