Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Always Makin' Me Smile!

Today, I'm joining Angie and the gang over at 7 Clown Circus for Wordful Wednesday. It's a fun time of sharing pictures and being able to tell about them. Head on over there and see what I mean!

Now, this first picture is one I took of Abby when we went to Universal Studios-Florida in the summer of 2002. We walked in a gift shop to get out of the heat and they had all sorts of hats. Of course, Abby just had to try nearly every single one of them on! I love the one she's wearing here...it's a milk carton! The way she's cutting her eyes around cracks me up! From a very early age, Abby has always been one to do anything to make someone laugh. She hasn't changed one bit! Here's a note Abby wrote to me when she was 7 years old. You know how much I cherish things that my girls have made or written to me. This came directly from Abby's heart...so sweet and innocent. Don't you just love how she spelled some of the words? The message to me is very clear. She loves me... and nothing else matters!
"Children will not remember you for the material things you provided, but for the feeling that you cherished them."~Richard L. Evans quotes



P.S. Last night, Brittany ran in the 3200m against 4 girls and 12 boys. She finished in first place for the girls with a personal record of 11:53...that's 20 secs. off her previous time of 12:13! She even beat some of the boys! Guess who finished only 7 secs. in front of her? ANDREW! For those of you who might not know...he's her former boyfriend of just over a year! Needless to say, he wasn't happy about it! So...it was a very good night! :)




April
April

Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.

31 comments:

Lorrie said...

April this is such a cute picture of Abby--it's always great when your kids are willing to pose for you.

That's so funny about Andrew--good for Brittany!

Unknown said...

She is one amazing young lady.

Way to go B...I just wish she would have beat him!!!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi April
The picture and note from Abby are really cute. Jessica loves trying on hats too. Can you imagine the pair of them one day trying on hats together?
Well done Brittany and "Ha" to Andrew!!
Best Wishes
Lindsay

Beth in NC said...

Such a cute picture and what a sweet note!

Yay for your daughter's win!

Faye said...

APRIL THIS IS JUST TO CUTE!PLEASE CHECK OUT MY BLOG.I HAVE SOME IMPORTANT INFO I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO HELP ME PASS ON!HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

Mommy Mac said...

April,

Love the letter! I like that her words got bigger in size as the progressed on the page!! Like she was really meaning that last part!

Go Brittany, go! Smoke that Andrew!!! Empowering!!!

You are such a proud mama! I love that.

Love the blog look!

.mac :)

ClassyChassy said...

Her picture is so cute! I just love it!!! and the quote at the bottom of your post - perfect!

Hootin Anni said...

Love the note she wrote...and the quote. Omygosh...I'm a poet and didn't even know it.

My Wordful this week is all about the birds and bees...errrr, um....maybe birds and cats. Is it Superman in the sky? Come find out.

Deb said...

you always have such sweet posts, you are a great MOM

Deb

Rebecca Jo said...

GO BRITTANY!!!!

That picture is hilarious of the milk carton

And how sweet is that letter? I love how BIG THE LETTERS got when she's talking how she loves you.... I'd frame it! Keep it forever!!! Embarass her when she's older :-)

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Abby is just so darn cute!! Love that photo! It's great when kids can make you giggle like that!

Go Brittany! Gosh, she is having an awesome year! Mom do you scrapbook?

Susie said...

Ahh...my heart strings hurt from being pulled too much!! That's awesome!!

Unknown said...

Cute picture and note!

Anonymous said...

This was so sweet. She is adorable as can be! Just adorable!

Pam D said...

I love the way the words just keep getting bigger and bigger all the way to the bottom, like her emotions were just spilling out into that note! That's a keeper for sure. And Brittany is ON FIRE, isn't she? I love it... especially the former boyfriend part..

Paula said...

Ha! Love the picture of Abby! And the note was so sweet...
Yay for Brittany- I know she had to be so happy!

Ter said...

That note just made me cry!!! I could only hope my daughter would have loved me that much! Oh how I long for a mother / daughter relationship!

I'm so glad that you treasure every moment of your daughter's lives and that you hold on to those memories, the notes, the photos, the little things. Those things matter more than some people realize!

:)

Anonymous said...

Such a cute picture! And the letter makes me want to cry. So sweet.

hopelessly ordinary

Amy said...

That is cute and sweet. Funny how little girls always throw in "so so so so much" I love it :)

Heather said...

what a sweet note! i love that picture of her! too cute! i would have that in a frame displayed in the house somewhere! yay for Brittany! sounds like she's really finding her groove this season.

Nina said...

Those are so cute!!! I love those moments and to keep a note like that is just a treasure.

Aunt Julie said...

What a cutie patootie...thanks so much for sharing!

Denise said...

Very very cute picture, and I love the note.

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute picture!

Congrats to Brittany!

Blondie's Journal said...

Very cute picture of Abby! And her little note, gosh, I have so many like that, (sniff, sniff). They are even better mispelled, they were so amazed they were writing!!

xoxo
Jane

Jenni said...

Cute picture and I love the note!

Simply AnonyMom said...

What a fun fun pic!

That is so awesome about her run!! And 7 seconds is such a close race. Congrats to her. YIPPEE!!

Jen said...

Aw, that is so cute.

The Muse said...

Super congrats for your athlete!
Woo Hoo!!!

* LOL who would not/could not love that pic? LOL

Aubrey said...

How exciting for Brittany! That is awesome!!

What a cute picture! That look is too much!

Daphine said...

Cute picture and I love the note!

Girl, my heart dropped when I saw Andrew's name. I couldn't finish reading the sentence fast enough. lol! I automatically thought....well, nevermind!

Love you girl!