I always love when Wednesday rolls around because that means it's time for Hodgepodge! Please feel free to join along with us. All you have to do is click on the button and it will take you right to Joyce's blog. Just answer the questions on your own blog and link right up!
1. When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean. The last time I faced the ocean was on our cruise back in December. It made me feel BREATHLESS! Whenever I take in the vastness of God's creation, I can't help but have my breath completely taken away. I took this picture when we stopped over in St. Maarten.
2. What are three sounds you hate to hear? 1). Babies crying-It always brings out the mother in me and I want to soothe them. 2.) Uncontrolled burping/belching-We live in a society where common manners have fallen by the wayside. Whatever happened to saying, "Excuse me", rather than just letting it fly? 3.) Our home security system sounding off-That thing would, literally, wake the dead! I hate when I set it off by accident...scares the living breath right out of me!
3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying, or do you buy, try on at home, and return what you don't like or doesn't fit? Well, let's just say that Chris often refers to me as "The Queen of Returns". I detest trying on clothes in stores. I mean...who looks good in those fluorescent lights surrounded by a wall of mirrors? Seriously! So, I'd much rather try things on in the comfort of my own home and what doesn't pan out, I return.
4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking or baking or do you prefer to eat them right out of the shell? I do like pistachios right out of the shell, though I don't eat them very often, at all. I much prefer a handful of raw almonds, which is one of my favorite snacks.
5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary? It was on Sunday afternoon and it involved Abby. As you know, we've all been under the weather lately. I'm still not over the stuff. We missed church on Sunday, in fact. Well, that afternoon, Abby asked if her boyfriend, B., could come over. I told her I really didn't think it was a good idea because I didn't want him to come down with the same thing, so I told her 'no'. She continued to plea her case saying they could just stay outside and visit. So, needless to say, I compromised by allowing him to come over with the understanding that they couldn't come inside the house. I must admit, I wasn't real happy about it, but it all worked out fine in the end.
6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response? I have and it's been awhile. I can't even remember what it was about, to be honest, but I don't believe I received a response.
7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile? March is one month that I don't have anything too exciting on my calendar, other than Easter, of course. Not even a doctor or a dental appointment, which is rare! The main thing I'm excited about March is SPRING'S ARRIVAL! Time to toss away those heavy coats and get outside and work in my gardens. I can't wait! This little fella is a sure sign that it won't be long now!
8. Insert your own random thought here. Abby got a letter in the mail from her high school a few days ago stating the she did so well on the PSAT that she's eligible to take some AP courses next year. So proud of her! She's taking several honors courses this year, but I'm worried about the additional workload that comes with AP classes, not to mention the added stress. So, we're going to have give this some serious thought over the next several days before it's time to sign up for classes. I can't believe my baby will be a JUNIOR! Someone, please stop the hands of time from turning!




29 comments:
A junior? Oh my! How awesome that she's eligible for AP courses.
Ahhhh, I love your picture of St. Maarten ... I wish I were there in the Caribbean right now. ;-)
Photo of St Maarten is beautiful! Oh man, our neighbours security alarm goes off all the time. To the point where if they do get broken into, no one is likely to bat an eyelid because we'll just all think the alarm has gone off again! But what a racket!
I forgot about the house alarm...ours scares me silly too.
Hubs and I were in Florida for a few days, and now we're feeling the need for a few more : ) I too stand in front of an ocean and wonder how anyone who does can deny God exists.
The ocean is awesome and breath-taking. I agree with you on that. Don't like burping either. That was a good way to compromise, I think. :) Hope you are better soon.
Good answers for #1, I agree.
Yes, raising teenagers requires compromising--and lots of patience :)
Looking forward to working in the garden, too.
My daughter loved AP classes. All of the kids who took them wanted to be in the class so you got rid of all the kids who goofed off and slowed the class down.
can remember many of those compromises as well
come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com
Congrats to your daughter. The AP classes were great for our kids. And those hands of time just keep moving along, don't they? Have a great Wednesday!
AP classes are fantastic, as long as it doesn't stress her out too much! Will be praying alongside you - hard decisions!
Look at your little brainy Abby!!! :) & even has time to bring the boyfriend over to a sick house ;) haha!
The Honey Boo Boo sound made me literally laugh! This is why we're friends :)
Almonds... mmm... I love any sort of nut I think. Its why I married my husband.. (I couldnt resist)
BEAUTIFUL picture from your vacation!
I forgot about the house alarm, I hate that too, and so do the cats!!!!
One thought about AP classes. I don't know if your daughter is in extra curricular activities or not, but if she is don't forget to factor that in.
Mousey had AP Psych and Honors Humanities in her senior year. Both had a LOT of homework and projects. She managed fine until lacrosse began and then things got hairy. She managed, but it was tough.
I remember being a junior about 11 years ago. It was a challenging year but i still had a great time, it was my best year in HS, senior was good but junior year was more interesting! I wish your daughter the best of luck! Especially with AP classes, i wasn't in one but if they had AP ASL i would be in that class for sure. ;) Well sorry this is long but have a great week! --Nikki
You have a doxie too! Aren't they the best!!!
Loved visiting with you today. The beach picture made my day wonderful...and made me want to go to the beach. Soon...I hope.
I am so glad to read that you also find that God reveals Himself to you through His creation. So often that still small voice gets our attention more readily than the roars, doesn't it. Can so appreciate your compromising story. It has been a while since I had a parenting compromise and I can honestly say, I DON'T MISS THOSE TIMES! Stay in there April, you are doing a great job.
Gorgeous picture from your cruise! And I feel your angst on your baby going into her junior year. My girl did that just "yesterday" - and she graduates in May.
Fun post and the pics made me smile! :-)
Oh - and I´m following you right back, will be nice to get to know you!
I had friends that took AP classes in high school and I did not envy their coursework. I took Honors courses and was comfortable with my amount of work. My friends in AP looked a bit haggard sometimes. But they made it through and some of them went on and did big things.
Honors classes! How great and congrats to all of you since your honor is also your honor!
I so look forwarded to March and Spring- soon ill be walking outside instead of on the treadmill. Nice to see some different sceneary.
Breathless is a great word for the ocean. We have had two ladybug sittings in the yard. I don't care for the lights and mirrors either but I hate returning even more! We spend the most money on our outings to Costco on nuts! We like them all. Speaking of that I just finished the last of the almonds this morning. Enjoy your empty March. That is awesome news on Abby. Way to go Abby!
congrats to your daughter....my girl was able to start Univ/Alabama with 16 credits under her belt...a big savings...you'll be so proud of her then :)
We have dozens of ladybugs INSIDE our house! They're so cute I just can't bear to do anything to get rid of them.
This was wonderful, April! I loved the beach picture... and it doesn't seem right for Abby to be a junior next year! GAAA!
Yay for spring! I am so ready for it too. :) And you are so right. No one looks good under all those lights, it's just not possible. :P
I love the beach photo!! I hope you are all feeling better now and I am also very much looking forward to spring !!!
Always enjoy your answers.
i tend to take for granted that i see the ocean almost daily! our house is only about 1/2 mile from the water!
compromise can be tough for this hard headed stubborn girl! ;)
and i love pistachios! right out of the shell!! =)
Hi April~
I always love reading your answers! :)
I too feel like I'm the queen of returns! The dressing room mirrors drive me nuts....bleh!
Congrats to Abby for doing so well on her PSAT--that's awesome!
I hope the rest of your weekend goes great! :)
Post a Comment