Thursday, June 28, 2012

Weekend At The Lake

Hey, everyone!  As you can see, I'm still hanging in there!  We got home late Sunday evening from a weekend jaunt to my mother-in-law's house in South Carolina.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect...not too hot and hardly a cloud in the sky!

Beautiful Lake Murray from my mother-in-law's backyard...


Brittany and Bella heading out for their first kayaking adventure...


She loved every second of it!


This is a home we spotted that I tried to convince Chris to buy for me...


I even told him this one would suit me just fine, but he wouldn't go for it, for some reason...


We spotted a few ospreys sitting on their nests...


This momma flapped her wings frantically and dive-bombed our heads a few times to keep us far away from her babies...


OK...I gave Chris one more opportunity to purchase a vacation home for me and this was his last shot.  Needless to say, I can keep on dreaming...


Brittany took over steering the boat.  Thankfully, we made it back safe and sound!
  

Abby and her friend, Miranda, heading out for a little kayaking fun...


Abby trying hard not to fall off the tube...


Another one bites the dust...


Check out these swallow nests underneath a bridge...


Here's my mother-in-law's house tucked up in the woods and one of her docks.  Such a great place to kick back and relax... 


On Saturday night, one of our good family friends, Russel, came over to celebrate his 50th birthday...


Here he is showing off a few of the gifts the girls and I gave him... 


The last day we were there, we went out on one last boat ride.  A storm blew in just as we were heading back to the house... 


The day after we got home, Chris had to fly up to Dayton, OH. and will be back later tonight.  l had to take Brittany to the doctor on Monday regarding some migraines she's been having.  I got a bit aggravated with our doctor because he, immediately, put her on something called Amitriptyline Hydrochloride.  I came home and did some research about it.  First of all, it's intended to be an ongoing type of medication.  Secondly, it's for the treatment of depression and chronic pain.  The side effects say it could cause suicidal tendencies.  So, I told her to hold off on taking it for the time being.  He's scheduled her to undergo a CT scan of her brain on July 10th.  She's been having some episodes where she feels like she's about to blackout when she gets out of bed in the morning.  Maybe the scan will give us some answers.  She's down in Mobile right now until Monday getting ready to move out of her apartment and spending time with Connor (oh, joy). Prayers all the way around would be much appreciated. 

Hope to be able to visit y'all soon! 


April
April

Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.

16 comments:

Cathy said...

What a beautiful lake and what a wonderful place for a vacation spot. Those houses are gorgeous.

Praying for your daughter.

Unknown said...

beautiful I would take any of those homes too lol

really research the meds for migraines some of them have really bad side effect as you can see I have had migraines since I was 11 so I am praying for sure!

Joyce said...

Looks like a picture perfect spot!

Rebecca Jo said...

Bella in that boat is the cutest picture!!!! OH MY!! :)

I thought of you - they had to remove two spots on my dad's back - they're skin cancer. He's going back so they can cut more around it off... but you are the first person I thought of!! You can relate - I know.

Tami said...

I certainly hope Brittany finds out what is wrong! Poor girl!

Kimberly said...

Hope Brittany is ok. Love where your mother in law lives. Love Bella on the water. She looks so happy!

Stacy said...

The weekend at the lake looks like it was perfect! I'll be praying for answers for your daughter...my husband suffers from headaches that they've never found a reason for so I understand what a pain it can be.

LynnMarie said...

I sure hope your daughter will be OK. Seems like you have been having some health issues in your family. I love the photos and the house tucked in the woods is perfect! My favorite.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Some of those homes are amazing. Glad you told Brittany not to take the medications. Praying they found a solution for her migraines soon.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Sorry to hear about Britt! Sounds kind of scary! Sorry about the boyfriend too....oy!

Love all your vacation photos!!!

Lois Christensen said...

Looks so beautiful and relaxing! I would take any of those houses also! LOL! Hope you figure out what's wrong with your daughter and her headaches. Enjoy your weekend.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Praying for your daughter.

What a gorgeous vacation spot! No wonder you're still there! And those homes - WOW!

Rebecca D said...

The lake looks beautiful and I don't know why your hubs wouldn't buy you one of those little fix-er-uppers!?! :)

Tim said...

My prayers are with Britt and hopefully all works out with her headaches.

Also thought you might want to know that you need to change your email password. You have been HACKED!!! I will forward you the email I got.

Hope all is well.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Anonymous said...

Glad that y'all had a fun weekend! Praying all is well with Brittany!

Panamamama said...

Fun!