Wednesday, May 18, 2011

She's HOME!!!

Oh, happy day!  Yesterday afternoon, Brittany came home from college for the summer!  I've waited for that day to arrrive for 9 LONG months!  Of course, she brought lots of "stuff" home with her. This is what our kitchen looked like when we brought all of her belongings inside...



Kind of resembles one of those hoaders' houses, doesn't it?  I'd completely forgotten how much "stuff" she had...I dare not even mention the SHOES!  That girl would give Imelda Marcos a run for her money!  We had to carry all this mess upstairs to her bedroom, which took several back-breaking trips.  We both worked into the evening getting everything unpacked and put away. I had to find a place to store everything that she doesn't need right now, which was a challenge in itself.  By night's end, we were EXHAUSTED!

After the girls and I got our showers, we plopped down on the sofa, side-by-side, to watch "Dancing With the Stars", which I'd recorded. Chris walked by and noticed how I was looking as happy as a clam with my girls sitting beside me, just like old times.  So, he decided to snap our picture.


It's probably not one of our better pictures, but who cares?  We're finally TOGETHER, again, and as far as I'm concerned...nothing else really matters!  


April
April

Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dare I say that your picture is one of the best? There's nothing sweeter than a mother reunited with her child. BTW, I was sad to see Ralph go, but I think the finale is going to be AMAZING!!

Please give Brittany my best. You guys are in for so much fun this summer!!!

Tara said...

I remember moving back home for the summers. It WAS a chore and completely exhausting! Reading about the time spent on the sofa gave me the warm fuzzies. I know you were on cloud 9!!

missy said...

I love this post!! We will all be together again very soon! Love Monday's post! She ran an awesome 1500 way to go Brittany!!! Taylor(our daughter) also quit running because she did not like the track coach....loved cross country and the coach was awesome....but just did not "get" the track coach....boy was that ever hard!! For us and her...but got it all taken care of and so far so good!!! :) Enjoy your summer!!!

Lindsay-ann said...

Yippeeeeee. Glad she's home and you are all having fun. Oh no - look at all that stuff! Good job you are not showing your home to prospective buyers right now! Love the picture of you all together.
Lindsay
x

Anonymous said...

Our girls are the greatest!
I am amazed at my daughter every day!

Unknown said...

YAY!!!!!

Thena said...

Great picture. Brittany looks so happy to be home for a while. Probably a much needed break from her coach.

Joyce said...

Aww, enjoy having your girl home for the summer. Mine goes back to collegetown on Sunday as she has a summer job there.

We always rent a small storage unit in collegetown for the summer months...the small ones are not terribly expensive and then they just come home with their clothes. Even that's a lot : )

Hope the job hunt is going well!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I think that is a wonderful picture! How nice to have your daughter home for the summer.
Hugs,
Penny

Paula said...

Wow~ that kid brought everything home but the kitchen sink, April! *giggle*
Love the last picture of the three of you... very sweet photo!

Beth in NC said...

That is one happy Mama! I'm glad your babies are by your side! <3

Carrie B said...

Yay! Lucky you. :)

We also rented a storage closet for Miss K's things. And yet her "must haves" filled the car and then some. Ha.

Mr. 19 will be home tomorrow - I won't be in on the packing so it will be interesting to see what he and the Dad think is mandatory bring home items. :)

FrouFrouBritches said...

I think it's a beautiful picture of y'all on the couch and here I sit in the school line crying like a baby because I am so happy for you!!! YAY!!!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is great news. Savor each day!

Anonymous said...

Really, it's not one of your better ones? I think it is the most beautiful picture ever. LOVE your pretty girls with their Mama. I can see the love.

Anonymous said...

So glad that she made it home! I know you will enjoy your time together!

Cyndy Bush said...

LOVE the picture of you three girls, together AGAIN!