Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Wee Bit Of Me Wednesday



Once again, I'm linking up over at Leigh Ashley's blog for A Wee Bit Of Me Wednesday! It's a fun little question and answer session. Care to play along? OK...how 'bout we jump right to it!

{One} What was your first job? I had several jobs when I was a teenager, so I can't recall which came first. My best friend, Marni, and I got jobs at Magic Springs Amusement Park in Hot Springs, AR. when we were in high school. We worked at a souvenir shop and spent more time laughing than anything else! I had to run the cash register and I was a nervous wreck because I had to count the customer's change the old fashioned way...using my head! Oh, the pressure!

{Two} Have you ever seen a stand-up comedian? I have, but it wasn't a well-known one. Chris and I went to a little comedy club in Knoxville, TN. one night way back when we were dating.

{Three} When was the last time you played mini-golf? Oh, I love mini-golf and I have no mercy on anyone who plays against me...NONE! I think the last time I played was when we went to Panama City, FL. a few summers ago. Wow...has it really been that long?!

{Four} What was the last picture you took? OK...I always have my camera ready to go in case a "Kodak moment" arises! The last picture I took was a few nights ago when the sky was turning gorgeous shades of pastel colors.

{Five} Burnt food: yes or no? The only things I can think of that I like a little burnt are marshmallows and hotdogs. There's nothing better than cooking them over a campfire! Plus, burnt marshmallows make the best smores!

{Six} If you have a pocket full of change, what do you do with it? I, usually, add it to our large piggy bank, which is, actually, a big plastic jug. When we get ready to take our summer vacation, we roll all the change and cash it in for some extra spending money.

{Seven} Can you touch your tongue to your nose? Nope...tried and failed. My husband and youngest daughter can, though...they make me SO proud!

{Eight} Do you scrapbook? No, not on a regular basis...I don't really have the patience for it. When my oldest daughter graduated from high school last year, I did make her a scrapbook highlighting her running career. I saved all of the newspaper articles about her, as well as race numbers, photos, and statistics. I think it turned out really nice, if I must say so myself!

{Nine} Do you buy lottery tickets? No, I never have, but my husband does on occasion. We keep thinking that one day...we're going to win BIG!

{Ten} Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind it? That's super easy...behind it! I like picture taking to be done MY way. You know the saying..."It's my way or the highway!" I don't particularly like to see myself in pictures...I have a tendency to be very critical of every little flaw. I think it's just a "woman thing".

This was FUN...hope it was for you, too! Don't forget to enter my giveaway!


April
April

Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.

23 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

THis was so fun to read! I am definitely behind the camera, too! Touching my nose with my tongue- no way! I don't buy lottery tickets but my husband does sometimes. You just never know.:) Lori

Thanks for the encouragement on my blog, April! Love ya!:)

Amy said...

I'd much rather TAKE pics than to be in them too! Always :)

Carrie B said...

I totally agree with the burnt marshmellows! Yum.
LOL, you can't win if you don't play! Ha.

Kimberly said...

I have never bought a lottery ticket either!

Unknown said...

i love burnt hotdogs :) I think I my play along this was fun :)

Expats Again said...

Good questions and fun answers!

Steph said...

Your family is beautiful! My husband likes burnt food, but I just can't do it.

Ironically he burnt his lunch today on the grill beyond even HIS liking... i.e. hockey pucks. :)

Over from Wee Bit of Me.

xoxox

Impulsive Addict said...

Now I'm drooling over that burnt marshmallow! I couldn't agree more with the hotdog answer. Those two things burnt together over an open camp fire equals a tasty slice of heaven for me!

Paula said...

Wonderful, April! I loved your answers- and I'm right there with you on MINI-GOLF~ look out because I'm gonna win! *hehe*
Was it the Comedy Zone you went to in K-town? That's the only one I remember. (It's not there anymore...)

missy said...

I'm with you on number ten....I like to be in control of taking those Kodak moments!!! :)

Rebecca Jo said...

I was a cashier at a grocery story & if I had to figure out the change in my head, I'd be a mess! :)

Does ANYTHING taste good burnt? sorry, I dont even like burnt marshmellows.. but I dont like them in a non-burnt state either.

I love stand up comedians. I would go see them every week if Ricky liked him. he gets too embarassed by them though - afraid they'll call him out in the middle of their show. I'm the opposite - call me out - I'll jump in & be part of the act ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind message on my blog. :)

Gigi said...

I.love.burnt marshmallows and hot dogs! I thought I was the only person!

Thanks for coming by on my SITS day!

Carter Clan said...

Burnt marshmallows...I forgot about those...they are yummy!

jennykate77 said...

MMmmmmm, burnt marshmallows! I also love burnt popcorn. Yum!

I'd also rather be behind the camera. Fo sho! Except for my occasional self-portraits sprees...but still doing it my way! :)

An amusement park would be an AWESOME first job! Hot Springs isn't far from NE Oklahoma, where I live.

Fun answers!

Cyndy Bush said...

How fun, I need to join in on this one day. An amusement park sounds like the best first job for a teenager ever!
I'm not a scrapbooker either....I really need to do something with my pictures but I too lack the patience to scrap book!
PS I blogged about your salmon patty recipe on my Southern Loving blog today, and we're having them for dinner tonight! =)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Fun meme. Sounds like your first job was fun. Can you believe we saw Woody Allen do stand up back in Chicago many, many years ago!
Marshmallow was a great answer. We always play the Lottery and we actually won a nice one once.

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

We mini golf every year on our family camping trip. Once, I had a wayward shot and accidentally hit The Girl... she was NOT happy with me!

Mamarazzi said...

oh my goodness i always wanted to work at an amusement park...it was the teen job of my dreams!!

Lindsay-ann said...

I enjoyed reading your answers April. I can touch my nose with my tongue! Isn't it weird how some people can and some people can't?
Lindsay
x

Jodi said...

My hubby thinks he's going to win BIG in the lotto one day soon too. I told him he should just throw his dollar out the truck window instead, haha

Anonymous said...

I always thought it would be fun to work at an amusement park but never lived close enough to one! I love miniature golf too and just bought a Wii game! I agree, burnt marshmallows and hotdogs are so good!

FrouFrouBritches said...

You worked at Magic Springs??? I didn't know that!! I would've been nervous running a cash register too.