Down the stairs we went! As soon as I popped our breakfast casserole in the oven to bake, Chris gave Maddie and Bella their long-awaited Christmas presents. They were two HAPPY dogs!
Then, with just about as much enthusiasm, the girls tore into their stockings.
We moved into the sun room where our Christmas tree was and started opening our gifts, one at a time. We like to drag out the excitement as long as we possibly can! I'm going to show you some of the gifts we received.Here's my stinker of a husband who guessed one of the gifts (color and all!) I got for him just before he opened it.
Giving each other some sisterly love.
Brittany gave Abby a sleep mask...looks like it worked!
I'm about to open the gorgeous mirrored vanity tray that Abby have me...LOVE it!
Brittany gave me the "Women of Faith" devotional book I've been wanting...YAY!
Definitely the way to my hubby's heart!
Brittany gave Abby this Micheal Jackson Wii game...talk about FUN! We played it all night long! I highly recommend it if you love to dance!
Yes, it even comes with a sparkly glove! Abby's striking her M.J. pose!
We got both of the girls Sony Bloggie's. They're tiny camcorders that, also, take still pictures. They were so excited!
The best gift Chris gave me is he surprised us with another trip! He told me that we can either fly out to see Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Teton Mountains this summer or we can take a trip down to the Caribbean for a week. So, I'm going to have to find some time to do a little research about all the possibilities and try to come to some sort of decision. He knows how much FAMILY time means to me, so I'm very excited!Here's the girls playing the Micheal Jackson Wii game after we opened all our gifts.

Later in the evening on Christmas Day, we were surprised with snow...a WHITE CHRISTMAS! It's the first one we've had in the Atlanta area in almost 130 years! It was such a treat! This is how our road looked the next morning...
We left on the 26th for South Carolina where we spent two nights with my mother-in-law and brother-in-law.Here's the South Carolina flag Chris got from his brother...the year he graduated from The Citadel is at the bottom.

I'm wearing the scarf my mother-in-law got for me on her recent trip to Europe.
The girls both got a pair of UGG boots!
This gorgeous sky is what we saw as we drove home from South Carolina on the 28th. We stopped and had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in Clinton, SC...The Blue Ocean. I had catfish filets and hush puppies and I thought I'd died and gone straight to heaven! Mmm, mmm GOOD!
So, I'd say that our Christmas couldn't have been any better. Of course, it's not all the presents we received that made it memorable. It's simple having each other and being able to spend time together that made it such a lasting memory for me.

16 comments:
That sounds like a perfect day!
April what a great Christmas you all had together. You look pretty and so tiny girlfriend. Gorgeous!
Happy New Year!
~Melissa :)
You did have a wonderful Christmas and it is all about family...the gifts help! I'm so happy that we both have that to be grateful for, April. Wishing you the best in the New Year to come. Take the Caribbean trip! ;-D
XO,
Jane
Your family always looks so happy together... that's the best gift of all, isnt it! :)
Loved seeing your Christmas pictures, April! What a fun time you all had together. That just makes me smile. Thanks for sharing with us...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Hi April
I really enjoyed hearing about your fun Christmas and seeing you all enjoying your lovely gifts. Glad you got a white Christmas too.
Hope you are having a great weekend.
Lindsay
x
Looks like you all had a very enjoyable Christmas!! Like you, having family all together is the best gift if you ask me!! It feels good for us "Mama Birds" to have all of our little "chickies" under one roof!!
BTW, I know from reading your blog that you all visited the Smokies on one of you family trips...would you mind me telling me a little more about what you did or where you stayed?
My husband and I are getting ready to go to the Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge area for a romantic get-a-way.
Thanks in Advance!!
Big Hugs!! Carrie ♥
Wonderful gifts! I want that Michael Jackson game.
Thank you for sharing your Christmas with us!
Sounds like a perfectly lovely Christmas!! You all look so happy - love that!
Your family looks so happy!
I am still hysterical after seeing my 2 very young nephews play Michael Jackson..so funny!
I hope you have a wonderful New Year!
So many great presents and smiling faces! I agree, it's the spending time w/ family that makes it all so special. Happy New Year to you!!
Those were wonderful pictures, April- everyone should had big smiles over their gifts!!
Love Abby's MJ impersonation... too cute!
Looks like a perfect holiday!! I think that Chris has so started a Christmas "tradition"!! Can't wait to see which trip you choose:) Always love your pictures -
Happy Monday, friend. (We had a few flurries on Christmas..not totally white like yours - what fun! but it was still "magical". And there is snow in the forecast - which I hear is coming from your way...did you get more snow???)
Sounds like you had the perfect Christmas!
What a lovely Christmas! I enjoyed all of your pictures, and so happy for you that you got snow!
Looks like a wonderful Christmas April. God bless you and your sweet family! <3
Post a Comment