My poor ol' back starting setting up yesterday afternoon, so I knew it was going to be bad. However, when I attempted to crawl out of bed this morning, I soon realized just how bad it really was! Every bone and muscle in my body screamed out in pain! So, let me now introduce you to my newest best friend...ALEVE.
Yes, though it's designed for arthritis sufferers, let me tell you that it helps tired, aching muscles and joints to feel so much better! I am a true believer!Now, today I'm participating in Vlogemotions Carnival over at Fort Thompson and I talk about the strongest emotion I've had for this week. It's my shortest vlog yet!


Make photo slide shows at www.OneTrueMedia.com
So, the next time my 17 year old daughter says, "Hey, Mom, let's go for a run together", I'm going to think long and hard about agreeing to it! Thanks, honey, but ol' Mom would much rather go it alone, rather than have to suffer the consequences!


25 comments:
(((((hugs))))) You poor baby! Girl, I am so impressed that you could run 5 miles! I couldn't even run ONE mile!
I suggest a hot tub. I have one and it does wonders on sore muscles. If you don't have one, find a friend who does. Seriously ... those jets pounding those sore muscles will help.
God bless you!
Beth
You are one tough cookie sweetie. Praying for you to get some relief from the pain. I love you my friend.
OUCH!! That's crazy! I bet you were having a fun time keeping up with her!
I didn't run yesterday but I did have an amazing leg workout. I did side lunges with the medicine ball and I can barely walk today.
Couldn't get the video to work today. :(
Oh Sweetie! I am so sorry that you are in pain! I do hope that your heating pad and Aleve do the trick to get you through this time... You are such a sport to go running with Brittany. I am sure that she is impressed with you- Super Mom!:) Lori
God bless you April!
I truly have zero desire to run ever again - unless I"m being chased by a big ol' BEAR! LOL!
Praying you are feeling better today!
Drink lots of water today and it will help flush out the toxins causing pain in your muscles - along with 1 tsp aluminum free baking soda in 6 oz water a few times today. IT will alkalize your body and help too. Not to mention help you go to the bathroom. Which of course releases all the toxins too!
Blessings and hugs,
Jill
You are a brave soul. 5 miles on an open road/area vs. treadmill is totally different! GIRL!
Ask Brittany her advice for me, please....what are her running shoes of choice? I am needing a new pair and trying to get several options to look into. TY! :)
Have a restful day, friend.
5 miles???? Holy cow!!! that's a call to be sore!
I love you said "A ball of soreness"... I laughed!!!
What a good mom you are to go with your daughter! Just keep Alleve handy ... I pop those things like M&M's!
Ouch! Oh April, good for you though. I only exercise a tiny, little bit. Sorry that you are in pain - but you are still an inspiration.
Feel better...I gave up a long time ago trying to keep up with those kiddos...not me...never.
Aleve is a gem, isn't it?
Ok you. I just have one thing to say. IMPRESSIVE!! You ran for 5 miles?!! That is crazy. If I could run for more than 10 yards I would be extactic. Ok maybe that was a bit exagerated, but you know what I mean. Knee surgery with no acl or miniscus and in need of knee replacement is what seals the deal for me right ow when it comes to running. My knees just cant take that kind of impact.
I will be so praying that your pain subsides quickly. Take Jill's advise. Everying she has ever told me always works. The body just needs certain things and it can heal itself if we let it.
Love and Prayers,
Tim
Hi April
So sorry to hear you are in pain today. I hope that a hot bath, your heating pad and aleve gel help to make you feel much better very soon. I am impressed that you even attempted to run 5 miles. If I had run 5 miles I am sure I wouldn't be able to move or even talk!! Enjoyed hearing your lovely voice once again on your vlog.
Lindsay
x
Bless you! That's a long trek with speedy gonzales!!! Rest up and take care of yourself!!!
.mac :)
You poor thing! I know exactly what you're going through April- I'm finding out places hurt that didn't used to before!
Always enjoy your videos so much!
Oh you poor thing! I hope you feel better soon!
I'm proud of you though...5 miles, woo hoo!
I think you are amazing. I can't run a lick.
Bummer about your aches and pains but please reconsider the Aleve.
My Dad has stage 3 kidney failure because of his daily use of Aleve. I don't understand why that stuff is still on the market. Sorry to share such uinhappy stuff but I am concerned..
I am cracking up...not that you have pain, poor girl, but that pain is your emotion! LOL!
Feel better!
I hope Aleve made it all better!
Are you kidding me???? 5 MILES????Girl, I can promise you that if I tried to run 5 miles, I wouldn't be able to talk about it for a very longggggggggggggg time. I would probably be in bed with a heating pad too, BUT it would take about a month for me to recover!!
I do hope your body is back to normal by now though.
APril, I'm hurting just thinking about this! OUCH! Hope you're better by the time you read this. I can't watch the vlog because my sound is still OFF!
XO,
Sheila :-)
I hope the pain subsides! What a good sport you are for being up for a run with your speed demon daughter!
I hope you feel better! We are big believers in Aleve too!
I cannot believe you ran 5 miles at a teenager's pace! Holy cow! Are you still sore today? ;)
You have a lot of determination and spirit running with your teenager. God Bless. I hope your pain goes away soon. It did make me giggle a little though.
Well I am a little late in wishing you feel better wishes...or maybe not...I know when I started back running it really hit me like a brick, especially since it had been awhile since I ran.
Post a Comment