We just got home a little while ago from yet another cross country meet. Wow! What a day it was!!
The top 7 girls on the team ran in the varsity race. Brittany placed first on her team and 8th overall with a time of 19:17!!! She set a new school record ,which she broke two weeks ago with a time of 19:39!!! We are so proud of her! If I've said this before, please forgive me...but I'd have to say this was her best race EVER! She looked awesome! The entire girls' varsity team came home with a third place trophy (their first this season!) and the top three girls each medaled and ran under 20 mins. It's the first time that's happened in the history of their high school! WOOOO HOOOO!!
The boys' varsity team got a second place trophy. The JV girls won the race and got a first place trophy. The JV boys finished in second place, winning them a trophy, as well. It was such an awesome day to see so many of the athletes set personal records. Nothing quite like it!!
Now, if you'll excuse me, I REALLY need to take a shower! I've been chasing after runners all day long. Of course, I don't sweat...I glisten! Ha! Chris is going to treat us girls to dinner at Kani House, which is a Japanese Steakhouse. Our all-time favorite place to eat! I truly think I could eat my weight in fried rice! It's to die for!
Hope everyone's having a GREAT weekend!!

11 comments:
Wow! Your daughter is a very talented little runner! That's awesome! Congrats!
Congratulations to Brittany and all of her team members. That is quite an accomplishment!
Congrats to your daughter on her run! Also, congrats to your husband on his new job-God is good!!
What a victory! Wahoo!!!!!!
I too do not sweat, I glow! :)
Congrats - sounds like she is getting better all the time.
Yay Brittany! Great job!
April, I hope that you enjoy your dinnder. Sounds like a great place to eat. Will Andrew be going? LOL
Hey there! Stop by my blog tomorrow-you will be mentioned...
Congrats to Brittany on setting a new school record! Wow! How exciting for her and you all too!
April, she looks so much like you!
Your Mom and Dad would have been so proud of her!
Good Job Brittany.
And...I missed yesterdays post, but I'm so happy about Chris' job. And moving back to Arkansas is the best part. We will most definitely have to meet!!
Oh, I have had so much to catch up on. Firstly, I'm so happy your husband has secured a new position - congratulations! Secondly, you are such a great Mum; when you wrote about your girl giving you an extra tight hug after grounding her, it reminded me of something I'd read about teenagers WANTING to have boundaries, that it was as important to them as air - her hug says it all, I reckon... Good on you. My Aunt thought it was important to be her boys friends as they went through their teenage years. Now in their twenties, they rely dreadfully on alcohol and have not even come close to reaching their potential - so, so sad... And she may have a 'friendly' relationship with them still now, but she worries about them dreadfully, and I often wonder whether she reflects on the consequences of her 'values'...
I have to get to and pass on the award you gave me... I better go back and read your instructions - thanks for that!
I love highschool sports so fun! Way to go!
That steakhouse sounds so yummy! I love fried rice..even for breakfast!!!
Happy Monday!
-Sandy Toes
Post a Comment