Monday, September 17, 2018

DC Trip...LONG OverDue

One of the main issues I've already encountered from not blogging consistently for over a year is that I'm now having to play catch-up. So much to share, but not knowing where to begin...THAT is the dilemma!  I will do my best to fill you in on some of the more memorable things that have happened this past year...and let the rest take care of itself.
 
A year ago in April, Chris, Abby, Brittany and I took a trip to Washington, DC, primarily because Brittany had never been there before. Plus, it gave us an opportunity to make more family memories before she became a married woman. We all know how things change after that point...in a good way, though. Just different.
 
I would have to say a favorite, yet very humbling attraction for us was the Holocaust Museum. There are no words to adequately describe what you see and how walking through the museum makes you feel. It's hard to wrap your head around the fact that evil like that existed... 
 
 
A huge pile of shoes that were worn by Holocaust victims, young and old alike...

 
To see the faces of the precious, innocent people who lost their lives was beyond emotional. It's something that will forever remain with me. I believe each and every American, every human being, should visit the museum, at least, once...

 

We toured the US Capital, Library of Congress, and even the White House. The pics from our White House tour are still on my phone, so I'll try to remember to share them, sooner than later...

 



We, of course, visited all of the Smithsonian Museums and had a blast!

e



There is nothing more moving, in my opinion, than visiting Arlington National Cemetery. To say that it makes you feel so proud and eternally grateful to all who've given so much for your freedom is such an understatement. As always, I had a lump in my throat the entire time we were there, especially, during the changing of the guard ceremony...

     
The Lincoln Memorial was magnificent at night...
 
 
Unfortunately, my SD card from my camera malfunctioned and I lost some of my photos, but am grateful for the ones I do have. We really enjoyed our 4 days in the our country's capitol. I cherish the laughter we shared while there and, as always, the memories we made.  
 
 
April
April

Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.

12 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Words are not adequate to convey the feelings I have after viewing the photos you shared of the Holocaust Museum, my friend. My heart was so moved by the photos, I cannot imagine what you felt seeing it firsthand. Thank you. I would love to visit our capitol someday soon. Not sure if we will make it before the wedding, though! : )

Rebecca Jo said...

So glad you got one more family vacation in with the 4 of you.
I want to go to DC so badly & see some of the incredible displays - & I know I'd spend all day in the Smithsonian!!!

Kiki Nakita said...

Beautifully captured, April.

We went in the Spring of 2016, but we didn't get enough time to visit all the museums.

Would love to see your pictures from inside the White House. Was there a lot of security inside too?

Cathy said...

Love the night view of Lincoln's Monument, which is my favorite. Unfortunately, I visited on a school trip and didn't get to see it at night. I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to visit and all that we saw. And I'm so glad you got to go with your family April.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I understand how you feel. When you get behind it is hard to decide what to do first. For me I end up doing nothing. Have stuff to share but don't feel like writing.

What a wonderful trip. That is on my bucket list. We actually have a Holocaust Museum here in Los Angeles but we haven't gone yet. I can only imagine your emotions walking through the museum. So glad you got to take such a great family vacation. Thank you for sharing your photos.

Cindy said...

We visited Washington DC in 2001 and saw many of the same things you did! I agree that the Holocaust Museum was... not sure 'highlight' is the right word, but definitely the one museum that stirred our emotions and the one we remember the most. It was shocking and heartbreaking, the part that got me the most (besides the shoes) was standing in the train car... brings a lump to my throat even now. I'm glad you had a great time. Chuck and I talk all the time about wanting to visit DC again!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Well, not sure why I'm just now seeing this post, but look at your beautiful blog design. I love Linda and her work. She's the best blog designer I've ever worked with.


Yes, things really do change once our children marry, not bad, just different.

Have a great new week!!!

Pam said...

Thanks for sharing these memories. I'm so glad you're blogging again! My daughter is about to be married in a few weeks, so I'm trying to figure out this new family dynamic. Thanks for sharing the great photos!

sattabazzar said...

Play Bazaar making the free game result online - Gali Desawar Satta King Leak numbers can be find online on the Play Bazaar Guessing forum. Even you have to know more about Play Bazaar Guesisng Forum. Cool Games Superfast Result and 100% Accuracy and many more. Love your game n the Play Bazaar

laixinjie said...

custom bead charms
custom hoodies
print on demand shirts
print on demand t shirts

laixinjie said...



print on demand shirts
print on demand t shirts

Business Startz said...


Ethereum (ETH) is the second most valuable and popular cryptocurrency after Bitcoin (BTC). Ethereum’s popularity has skyrocketed among its consumers. With this in mind, many people are now searching for How to Mine Ethereum? Ethereum Mining Software or Best Ethereum Mining Software? Suppose you already have Ethereum mining equipment and a secure wallet. In that case, all you need to do now is to choose the finest Ethereum mining software to help you to manage all your mining operations effectively.

In this article, you will find out the Top 5 Best Ethereum Mining Software, their features, how to download them, and much more… But let’s begin with the basics of Ethereum.0

5 Best Ethereum Mining Software For Nvidia & AMD In 2021