Well, for those of you who read my previous post, yesterday was another 'one of those days'! I had a realtor stop by and knock on my front door around 1 PM. I didn't answer it because I was worried she wanted to show our house right then and there...and I was right! She left and called our realtor who, in turn, called me. She said the realtor wanted to show our house within the hour. She said the realtor would call me about 15 mins. prior to coming over. Well, an hour went by, then an hour and a half...still NOTHING! I, finally, called our realtor back and asked her to find out if they were still coming. She called me right back and said the realtor told her she didn't know if they would be able to make it, afterall, because they still had 3 houses to look at and she had another client to take out in the evening. Needless to say, she never bothered to call to tell me they weren't coming. Oh...what a day!
Now, off to better things! Participating in A Wee Bit Of Me Wednesdays always has a way of easing my mood...and, boy, am I in need of that today! If you'd like to play along, just link up at Leigh Ashley's and hop right in! OK...here we go!
{One} Have you ever been stuck in an elevator? No...and I REALLY hope that never happens! There's just something about being confined in an enclosed space that makes my knees all jittery!
{Two} Have you ever ridden on an elephant? That would definitely be another NO! I'd be afraid I'd slide off and, well, let's just say...it wouldn't be pretty!
{Three} Have you ever met a well-known celebrity? Wow...I sure must live a REALLY shettled life...NO!
{Four} Do you have any food allergies? I count myself lucky on this one because I'm in the clear.
{Five} Do you know how to sew? I can hem by hand and on the sewing machine and I have sewn a few pillows over the years, but that's about the extent of it. When I was in Home Ec. many moons ago, we each had to sew a dress and model it in front of the class. Well, my dress would have easily fit someone who weighed about 500 lbs! I have no idea where I went wrong! I followed the pattern to a tee! At least I got a lot of laughs from it!
{Six} Did you get an allowance when you were young? No...my mom and dad just bought what I wanted or needed. I didn't consider myself a spoiled child, though, because I did help around the house as much as I could...I just didn't get paid for it. Plus, they didn't cater to all of the desires of my heart. I had my first job when I was 15 and I understood the value of a buck.
{Seven} How often do you fill up your gas tank? I try not to drive my vehicle unless it's absolutely necessary. My husband has a company vehicle that he's allowed to drive for personal use, so I take his vehicle as often as I can. We can probably get by with filling my vehicle up once every 4 weeks or so.
{Eight} Have you ever been stung by a jelly fish? Thankfully, NO! I get out of the water real quick if I spot one! I do have to add here that my hubby got bitten on his big toe by an EEL when we were in Aruba years ago...it was awful!
{Nine} Have you ever been robbed? NO...what a relief! How scary that would be!
{Ten} What is the worst haircut you've ever had? Oh, I've had my share of them, that's for sure! Would you believe that I, actually, had a mullet once? I'm not like Billy Ray Cyrus because I DO NOT want my mullet back! I did get a haircut just as I was getting ready to graduate from college...and the lady gave me a whack job! See for yourself! Here I am with a bunch of my kiddos as I was winding down my student teaching. They'd thrown a big party for me! As you can probably tell, when my hair is cut short, it takes on a mind of it's own...that's why I've never gotten it cut short since! I hated it!
Guess that's a wrap! Have a good one, everybody...hope those terrible storms aren't headed your way!


19 comments:
Fun little bits about you. I have met a celebrity before. I meet Kenny Rogers.
Hope you sell your house soon..
Hugs,
Penny
I've met Eric Estrada...back in the day when he was on cHips. I also had a tiny allowance growing up. I've also met Doug Flutie...had my picture taken with him too.
Now, as far as bad haircuts, I can empathize. Oy. I would like to throttle my mom for letting me walk around with some of those cuts. Maybe she did it on purpose to ensure I did not have a social life? LOL
Still, despite what you call your bad haircut in the photo, your beautiful smile still shines through. Have a great day!
Thanks for sharing that lovely picture :) Your smile is so great that I don't think anyone would even notice the hair! ;)
You are so beautiful! Even with your short hair. The girls look JUST like you! : )
Interesting about not driving your car. Wow. I can't even imagine that. That has to be a definite perk to his job. Very sweet. I feel so bad for people that earn minimum wage that have to buy gas in order to get them where they need to go. This reminded me to count my blessings.
I would be so pissed at the realtors! I'd try to find someone new!!! You seem so calm about it. I wouldn't be.
Here in Memphis, we have avoided major damage from the storms but are still getting hit with bad thunderstorms and too much rain! Mississippi river is starting to overflow!
What a pain and you really are at their mercy. Makes you appreciate good manners though, doesn't it??
My hubs was stuck in an elevator for three hours one in a hotel in New Jersey. He was caught between the 4th and 5th floors...I may have to add this question to the hodgepodge one week. It's a good story...he ended up having to climb out thru a hole they cut in the roof...they lowered a firemans ladder down to him. He was alone in the elevator and was especially happy I wasn't with him. I would not have been good company : )
Wow....Brittany looks just like you in that picture!! :)
Hi April
You look so pretty in that picture, I don't know why you hate it :)
I enjoyed reading your answers. I have never been stuck in an elevator either although my MIL has several times! Whenever I am with her in an elevator I am worried!
Hope you have some more house viewings very soon.
Lindsay
x
Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoyed the answers to these questions (jelly fish, elephant, robber??) I don't think you're boring, I think you are quite normal. Most of us don't experience any of these in a lifetime!
Oh girl, I'm super claustrophobic. If I was stuck in an elevator, I would just pass out! I hate them as it is! I will usually take stairs. *shivers*
If you DO get stung by a jelly fish, an episode of Friends says you're supposed to pee on it! bwhahahaha! Just FYI for ya!
I got lice one year and my mom chopped all of my hair off. I looked like a boy. It was HORRIBLE. I cried for weeks. Your cut wasn't' bad!
Said with the utmost sincere bloggie love.. I HATE YOU! HA--- 4 weeks without filling up your tank? That's awesome!
I like your short hair picture! You look darling! Really!
My husband used to have company car. Those were the days!
You still looked cute! :) I sure hope you get that house sold soon. How darn stressful. It's no way to live peacefully, that's for sure!
Jellyfish stings suck. Growing up in Texas meant lots of jellyfish stings on summer vacations to the coast. Always bring a little thing of meat tenderizer, sprinkle it on a sting and the pain is gone! I think it's the pineapple extract in it or something.
Your husband got bitten by an eel?! I didn't even know they bite....! And that hair looks really good on you - I don't know what you're talking about! :)
Good questions! I think I rode an elephant once at a zoo. I have meet a few celebrities. No on the jellyfish and I hope it never happens. I don't remember having an allowance.
This was wonderful, April!
Thanks for the laugh about the dress... I can appreciate that because I made sweatpants for my Home Ec class and sewed them up backwards! (The legs were 20 inches long and the crotch was 3 feet! *hehe*)
Ugh. How aggravating for you, the whole no show realator.
I disliked the whole showing the house thing. They really have you between a rock and a hard place. I mean, you want to sell so you have to show. You have to clean so you can show. Yet if they don't show up you can't just say "okay, you don't get a second chance" because they really might just buy. ha.
Good Luck with that!
Wow...I spend about $100 a week in gas! I don't like closed spaces so I know I'd panic if I was stuck in an elevator. I've never met a celebrity either!
Post a Comment