My sweet friend, Jodi, asked, "How do you keep looking so young?" Bless your heart for that, Jodi! Now, I've always been an active person. I was a cheerleader for a number of years in high school. About 9 years ago, I took up running. I run 3-4 miles 5 days a week and I, also, work out with free weights, as well as a weight machine. I just always feel so much better when I exercise. Plus, I think I still act like I'm 18...not in a stuck up kind of way, of course! I just like to be silly and have FUN!
Jodi also asked, "I see you've lived in several different states. How has that affected/changed you and your children/family? Yes, in our almost 20 years of marriage, we've moved 6 times and to 4 different states. My dad used to always say that "people are people wherever you go" and I've found that to be very true. Moving as much as we have has made our girls stronger individuals. They've learned how to acclimate to different situations and to take some chances along the way. So, I'd have to say that our moves have had a positive affect on us, overall, though it's been tough to leave behind friends that we've made. However, we've learned that there's always new friendships to make just around the bend.
The girls and I are beginning to feel a little better; yesterday was a rough day. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers...really means a lot!
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."~Albert Einstein

35 comments:
Another great post, April!! I have always thought that you look quite young in your pictures and I know that you are active and that not only brings out a nice glow from your skin, but psychologically makes you look and feel healthier!!
I like that you have a skincare regimen. I taught my girls early on to always clean their faces morning and night and NEVER go to bed with make~up on. To this day, they follow it to a T!! :-)
I have very sensitive dry skin. I only use Dove soap. Unless I am going somewhere nice or just feel like glamming up a bit, I usually don't wear make~up, so I need only a few suds & water to clean up at night. And I use Aveeno moisturizer all day long, just slather it on!!
I have a question for you from one SAHM to another. Besides your daily workouts and household chores, how do you spend your days? Do you have a hobby or craft? Do you read or garden? Do you go out to lunch or shopping with friends? Just curious. Summer keeps me REALLY busy with the garden and lake house but winter has me wandering around, looking for things to do!! How about you??
Enjoy your weekend, April!! :-)
xoxo
Jane
You do look young...lucky you!
sandy toe
i'm glad you and the girls are feeling better today. nathan isn't at all, but maybe tomorrow he will be. that's great you run! i wish i was a runner. my younger sister is a runner, she loves to run. did it all through high school (cross country running) and then did Crew in college but still ran everyday to keep in shape and now she runs marathons all the time. I wish I could just run around the neighborhood, lol!
Your regimen keeps you gawgeous! I just wash my face and go with a little Oil of Olay. I need to step up my game!! Serious wrinkles happening here.
You inspire me Apri!
Wow! Your exercise routine inspires me! And you do look young...what a fun post and a peak into what keeps April looking so young and beautiful :)
You are so very beautiful my friend. I am glad you, and the girls are feeling better.
thanks for sharing the tips. The running is a great habit to be in...last year I started to, but then fell out of the routine. Need to get going again -- it feels so good.
Congrats on the almost 20-years of marriage...me too. 20 in August. Time flies when you're having fun. :)
Thank you so much for answering my questions. I like that "people are people wherever you go". So true. It is hard leaving friends behind, but what a blessing to find new ones too.
Thanks for sharing how you keep looking so young, and for not keeping it a secret from the rest of us! :)
I enjoyed this post!
Feel better honey!! Thinking good thoughts and sending lots of prayers your way!!!!!
I popped over here from another blog and was greatly rewarded with your posts. You do look young and I am glad you shared your secrets. Your girls are beautiful. I raised 3 girls myself and now have 5 grandbabies - I am only 46 though, so still young at heart!
Many blessings,
Beth
Oh, I wish I could use all those creams on my face so I could have beautiful skin like yours... that would only add to a bunch of oil on my face & more breakouts! I swear, as a teen, I never had bad skin like I do now! What's up with that!
Hi April
I need to go get some of those creams and start running! You really do look amazing. Thanks for sharing your beauty tips.
Glad you are all starting to feel better.
Lindsay
x
So glad you and the girls are feeling better today. You're right, we shouldn't be feeling like this in the Summertime!! Have an awesome weekend!!
You do have beautiful skin! I use that Loreal Revitalift too! :-)
Hope you have a great weekend!!!
Wow, you do a lot with your skin care regime. You do look great : ). My skin care regime consists of putting my face under the shower spray at night : ). I know, I know, sometimes I don't act girly enough. I hope you keep loving me any way : )
I can tell you are fun like an 18 year old. Love your happy energy!
I can only use Mary Kary, anything else makes me break out.
You do have beautiful skin!!
I started using Eucerin moisturizer Spf 30 under my makeup....I love it!!!
I, too, love to exercise....I have really been hitting the gym hard since school has let out for the summer. John is my personal trainer and he has NO mercy on me!!!
You are gorgeous April and your skin is perfect!
Thanks for sharing your skincare secrets...:)
They sure do work well!
Thank you very much for my precious gift I received today! I just adore the colorful makeup bags.
They are so pretty!
You are so sweet to have mailed them to me. I'm overwhelmed and truly grateful.
Blogland is something else isn't it? Friendships are so wonderful here.
Your note card and kind words meant alot to me as well. Thanks again!
Have a blessed weekend.
~Melissa :)
PS Thank you for your kind words about our office and my hubby. You spoil me...
Hi April,
I am glad you and the girls are starting to feel better. Your skin care routine sounds really good. I love Revitalift.
XOXO
Jen
Yep, you really do look GREAT! You are the most active mom I know! And yep, that includes even me. lol!
Have a great weekend!
What a beauty regimen you have!!!
WOO HOO!! Let's hear it for the cheerleaders!! :)
Have a great weekend, April.
You do look great - very young.
Darn, I wish that great skin thing ran in the family. At least I've finally started exercising
Genes are important to good skin and looking young. You have a pretty mama.
good for you with all your running!
i love it but have let it slide lately.
perhaps you've inspired me to get out there again!!
have a lovely weekend.
chasity
I agree with you on the sunscreen! I use one under my makeup too. I think it makes a huge difference as far as wrinkles are concerned. My Grannie told me along time ago to start with the creams at a young age. I started at 28 and it has made all the difference. You do look great!
That's wonderful that you shared your "secrets" with us, April! I feel the same way about exercise- it really does make you feel better. But having fun keeps you YOUNG!
I use the Wei East line. I love it.
I am glad you guys are starting to feel better...it is never fun to be sick!! Sending big hugs your way!
Thanks for sharing!
I love to run! It is so freeing...what a release.
I am seeing some results from my skin care regimen to, my friend!
Thanks for the tips!
.mac :)
Hey, that's me! I am so happy to have you answer MY question! And you silly girl, don't try to down play those gorgeous looks of yours! I'm going to have to try some of your ideas!
I didn't realize that you ran so much! Good for you. You look great, but even more importantly, you feel great. Awesome!
I hope you are feeling better today.
Thank you for you prayers and kind words of support over the past few days, I am feeling better by the hour!
~Julie
I enjoy getting to know you a little more.
Thanks for sharing. Happy Sunday!!
Running is such a great way to stay healthy and young. You do quite a bit of it, no wonder you look terrific!
Girl, that regime with the makeup would wipe me out! But that's why you look so YOUNG, and you do!
Loved reading this.
XO,
Sheila :-)
April it is so nice to "meet" you. You have a darling blog and I came at just the right time when you are answering questions about yourself!
Thanks for visiting my blog and signing up for my Give Away - it is fun to meet new people!
Hey April!
It's great to finally have some time to catch up after several weeks of being "on the hamster wheel" of volunteering! I've read your last several posts and feel like I know you so much better! (and though I didn't know that you and the girls were feeling bad, I'm certainly glad to know that you're doing better). I would bet that your physical activity, along with drinking water, has more to do with your youthful appearance and gorgeous skin than anything else. Now.. could you send a little motivation my way so that I can at least WALK a few times a week? I'll never be like you, but I'd like to be healthier, for sure. Hanging out here is a good start....
Post a Comment