These next questions were asked by my friend, Tim. He really outdid himself! Man, oh, man...was this ever a workout for my brain!
Here's his questions...
What has it been like having a teenage girl when it comes to boys? Absolutely brutal, that's how it's been! Brittany has had some real doozies for boyfriends! It's been tough because you want to grab her by the shoulders and shout, "OPEN YOUR EYES...SMELL THE COFFEE"! I have learned through a lot of trial and error how to direct her path gently without causing her to do the exact opposite of what I'm hoping and praying for. We've, undoubtedly, had our share of drama...enough to put the top-rated soap opera to shame!
How did you meet your hubby? Chris and I met on a blind date that was set up by my brother, Kevin, the one who lost his battle with cancer. He and Chris met at a yacht club in Tennessee when Chris was there with the Knoxville Ski Club for a Christmas party. Kevin told him about me and gave Chris my phone number. The very next day, Kevin told me, "Little sis, you might be getting a phone call from someone real soon." I looked at him and asked, "Kev, what have you done?" He gave me a sheepish grin and walked out of the room. Well, a few days later, Chris took me out on our first date. When I saw him on the other side of the door, my exact thoughts were, "I could marry this guy one day." Just 3 months later, we got engaged and were married 10 months after our first date. We'll celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in October!
Your most embarrassing moment? Oh, I've had my share...trust me! However, I'd probably have to say one that stands out in my mind was when I went in for my annual OB/GYN visit a few years ago and I was wearing one of those flimsy little gowns that opens up in the front. Well, my doctor and the nurse kept telling me to scoot down further on the table. I'd scoot down and they'd say, "A little bit more." Well, the next thing I knew, I slid completely off the end of the examination table and my gown flew open wide! My dignity went right out the door! My doctor and his nurse both laughed! Very humiliating!
Favorite song? I have so many...my mind is swimming! Well, if I'm running or working out, I love to listen to "Takin' Care of Business" by Bachman Turner Overdrive or "Roll With the Changes" by REO Speedwagon. I like songs by Boston, too...lots of 80's stuff! Anything to get me pumped up and moving! Now, my current favorite contemporary Christian song is "Revelation" by Third Day, but I love old hymns such as "I'll Fly Away" and "Blessed Assurance", too.
Favorite vacation destination and why? I would have to say Sedona, Arizona because I love being outdoors and exploring. It's the most beautiful place I've ever been to go hiking and to enjoy nature! I've been there twice and I'd love to go back soon!Fondest memory with each of your girls? Once again, there are more than I could possibly count! I'd have to say that one of my fondest memories OF each of my girls is when they got baptized at our church in Germantown, TN. That is something I will never forget...when they made a public profession of their faith! One of my fondest memories WITH my girls was when the three of us went to a Tim McGraw concert here in Atlanta...it was their first. We went out to dinner before the concert, then we drove by ourselves to downtown Atlanta to go to Phillips Arena. For those of you who've never been to downtown Atlanta, let me just say that it isn't the place you want to be wandering around at night! I was a nervous wreck, needless to say! We found a close parking spot, thank goodness, and ended up having the time of our lives singing and dancing with Tim!
What do you think you will be feeling as hubby walks Britt down the aisle? I think my heart will be swelled up with pride. It will, also, be breaking because I'll realize that she's no longer my little girl, but someone's wife...and things will never be quite the same, again.
What do feel so far about Vlogemotions? I love it, Tim...I REALLY do! At first, I was a little unsure about it, but I'm starting to get into it now and, yes, it is therapeutic for me and I'm not nearly as nervous as I was before.
What is your favorite blog carnival? DUH...Vlogemotions all the way! How's that for a plug, Tim?
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."~Maria Robinson

40 comments:
Very cute post!! I did this during my blogiversary........and let everyone ask me questions. I was a huge post!
I love the falling off the exam table best. They ALWAYS say to scooch down more. What's up with that???
Have a happy and blessed day!
It's never too late to begin college. After both of my children were married, I began. I was 45.
I began with two classes, and then I went full time, all the while working full time. I graduated in four years with a GPA of 4.0. I'm not smart; I'm organized and a hard worker. If I can do it, you can too!
Morning April,
I LOVE reading all your answers to all the different questions! The Dr. office embarrasment is just too funny!
Hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday!♥
Great answers April!
You know, I knew I was going to marry my husband the first second I laid eyes on him. Which is really funny because he was wearing the dorkiest cut off jean shorts! (that and the fact we hadn't yet said one word to each other yet-I just knew)
I always look forward to your posts...I can just hear you in my mind telling your stories...after I saw your videos..you sound just like you write...
I enjoyed this post dear.
April - you're so darn cute! Loved reading these about you! Laughed about your exam table incident! One of my most embarrassing moments occured in a doctor's office too - I might have to save that for a future post - LOL!
Hello fellow Georgia SITS friend.
Lovely blog... you have a beautiful family.
YEP... I think that embarassing moment is one that would stick in my mind!!!!
I had an aunt who lived in Sedona & my dad used to visit there all the time when he was young... I would love to go see that area!
Sedona is great - I loved it too. And flying of the exam table - oh my gosh! Bet there was a red face blazing!
Hi April!
It was fun learning more about you. What a cute story about how you and your husband met. And funny about the OB/GYN!
XOXO
Jen
Hi April...sorry I haven't been around much lately...but I'm so glad I got to read your Q&A post today...Your answers were wonderful! See ya when we get back from Colorado...;-) Bo
Is it ok that I laughed out loud on the doctor visit?
Now that I have heard you talk on your Vlogs.... you write exactly how you talk! LOL I could SOO hear you saying this to me. :)
Great questions and answers. I could just hear your sweet southern voice telling those stories! I've really enjoyed getting to know more about you!
fun answers to great questions!!! thanks for answering mine so fast!!! i wouldn't want to wait fo the answers!!!!!
That embarrassing moment, I'm sorry to say, had me cracking up!
I really like these, April. I just might have to do the same thing.
And grabbing your daughter by the shoulders and yelling "OPEN YOUR EYES...SMELL THE COFFEE!" didn't work? I'm sorry to hear that, because that was my plan for dealing with my own daughter.
Wonderful post, April! And your most embarrasing moment had me in tears! (Only because I could SO see myself doing that, too! LOL)
April~It is all so clear now! (lol) well not really, but it has been very enlightening to hear you answer these questions.
And yes..as a Muse with to grown sons, I was most keen to hear the response to raising girls! LOL
Hi April
I enjoyed reading your answers so much. It was just like having you here chatting away. Cortney and Tim asked some great questions. Your embarrasing moment is so funny and it was lovely to hear how you and Chris met.
Lindsay
x
those are great questions and i very much enjoyed reading your answers!
I love reading more about you. Falling off the table I would have died!
LOL! Girl, you can never be accused of not being an honest person! The story about the doctor had me ROLLING here! Oh my gosh!!!! Sorry girl! It was hilarious reading about it though!
Great post! I so enjoyed it, as always!
Hey sweet friend,
I dropped by to say thank you for all of your kind words and the prayer support for me and my family during this very difficult time of loss.
My Aunt remains in ICU and we continue with the moment by moment uncertainties of her well being.
I have missed walking along the road of life with you through your posts and missed that April sunshine but can't thank you enough for holding me up through your kind words and loving support while I've been absent.
I've been still before the Lord today and have tried to visit a few friends to say thank you. Hopefully, each day I'll get back more and more into the swing of things. Right now it is a battle just to get out of bed in the morning...but I'm trying.
Big hugs, sweet friend...and thanks for being you and such a lovely part of this blogland....blessings!
How bout "Victory in Jesus"? That one makes my heart pelt out!!!
Love your answers. I'm thinking about doing a little vlogemotions perhaps.
hmmm...
.mac :)
I've really enjoyed getting to know you through your question/answer posts. It's a great idea.
great questions and great answers! the ob one is hilarious, lol.
great questions and answers!!!!!!!
love the quote for today!!!!!
I enjoyed reading through each of these. You are one neat lady!
Loved this post!!
I, too, love Sedona, Arizona!! It was SO beautiful and HOT!!
I LOVE how open you are and how you share from your heart, April-I look forward to your answered questions-you really think about what to say, and write it so interesting...The most embarrassing thing-oh boy. That would have been the worst!!!
I love your Great stories about family! A great web site to purchase high quality cloth OB/GYN Gowns is www.selectgownsinc.com
They have unique one of a kind exam gowns that anyone can purchase. Check it out!!
I really enjoy these questions/answers posts. They are a lot of fun to read.
Oh, I loev the story of how you & hubby met! Beautiful.
I love Boston music too! One of my faves.
Now you've got me singing More Than a Feeling! =)
April,
I have to agree with the so many others that have said that it is so great to read your posts knowing what you sound like. Now as i read I can hear your voice in your words.
I knew you would have such great answers to my questions just as you did. I just hate that I am just now getting to read them since I have been so sick.
I am so with you on those songs. The 80s are also my favorite and especially REO Speedwagon. Any hymns are always very close to my heart. The one that I remember so well as a child was sang by the pianist at my dads church. The King is Coming. Have you heard it? She did it so well and with such power in her voice you would have thought the day was hear as she sang "I can hear the trumpets sounding, and now His face I see!"
As for Britt when she gets married, she will ALWAYS be your little girl married or not. It will be a proud and sad day for sure, but nothing will ever change that.
Im so glad you are enjoying Vlogemotions as much as so many others are. I know there are so many who love seeing your vlog posts.
Send our love to Chris and the girls!
Love and Prayers,
Tim
Hello my sweet friend! How I've missed you! And, MAN, how many posts do I have to catch up on...!!! I wish I could do my visiting every day... but I must stay disciplined, as hard as that is for me... if I were to do all the blogging that I would like to do, my children would not be educated and my house would go to rack and ruin... I so love reading about you, and I'll have to catch up on your vlogs. It's so cool to hear your accent - you sound exactly how I imagined, and you write like you talk!!!;) Gorgeous!!! Hope you are having a wonderful day... Oh, and yes, I got your email... did I tell you that???!!! (asks Little Miss Forgetful!!!) God Bless. Naomi xxx
Hello there my friend...I have missed coming over..it's been crazy.
What fun answers!!! You do love those Vlog thingys..you are good at it!!!
sandy toe
Great answers, April!
Here's something someone said once, and I think it's true:
"Your son is your son till he takes him a wife, but your daughter's your daughter for the rest of her life."
I know there are exceptions, but there is a lot of truth to that. I do, however, love my MIL who has been good to me, particularly since my own mother passed away.
XO,
Sheila :-)
You are so sweet and fun! Very nice of you to give vlogemotions a shout out : ). You are the coolest! : )
I loved reading your answers! And, I could hear your voice in every one!
Post a Comment