Monday, June 29, 2009

And These Are My Final Answers...


Hey, everyone! I had no idea it would take me as long as it has to finish answering all the questions that you asked me, but I believe I'm getting down to the nitty gritty. Sure hope I haven't overlooked anyone!

OK, my sweet friend, Lindsay, wanted to know, "How did you decide on the lovely names Brittany and Abby for your two precious daughters? If my memory serves me correctly, someone else asked me a similar question. With both Brittany and Abby, who's given name is Abigail, they're names I've just always loved...thankfully, Chris did, too!

My good friend, Jeannie, asked, "What have you always wanted to try, but have been too "chicken" to? What would you need to be brave enough to try? Well, not long after Chris completed the Music City Marathon several years ago, I said to myself, "I could do that!" The farthest I've ever run is 6 miles and I keep reminding myself that a marathon is 26.2 miles...which is a LONG way! The distance intimidates me A LOT! Right now, I don't think I have the time or the patience to devote to training for such a big race. I sometimes go running at a local park, which is a 2.2 mile loop and the very thought of having to go round and round many times over is more than I can mentally digest. Hmm....I'd probably have to lose my ever lovin' mind to consider it, but we'll see!

Here's what my good friend, Lorrie, inquired about, "I seem to remember you saying at one point that you will have to be making another move in a year or so's time. Is that correct, and if so, do you know where it will be yet? Yes, that's true. We're going to be transferred to the Gulf Coast region with Chris' job sometime next summer. Right now, we're considering moving to Mobile, Alabama or Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Hot Springs, Arkansas is, also, in the running, which is very exciting to me because that's where I grew up. However, it might make it a bit to far for Chris to travel to his territory. If any of you have any personal knowledge about Mobile or Hattiesburg, please feel free to share it with me!

My sweet friend over at Sit A Spell asked, "Do you prefer GA or AR?" Well, being an Arkansas native, hand's down, I'd have to say I prefer Arkansas. No matter how many different places I end up living, I'll always consider Arkansas HOME. The hustle and bustle of the Atlanta area just isn't for me. I'm more of a country girl at heart. I do have to share a story about something that happened a few weeks ago. Chris and I were at our neighborhood pool with Abby and one of her friends. A lady and her husband sat down in chairs across from us. Another man in the pool commented that they must be Braves fans because they'd draped Atlanta Braves towels over the backs of their chairs. The lady sat straight up and announced that they were from Boston and no way did they want anyone to think they were SOUTHERNERS! I truly had to sit there and bite my tongue!

My good bloggy pal, Rebeckah, wanted to know, "Did you ever think you would love blogging as much as you do? How did you get started? First of all, never in a million trillion years did I think I would love blogging as much as I do now! It caught me totally by surprise! The main reason I do it is to give my girls a tangible account of some of the memories we've made...it's been so worth it! As a lot of you know, Kelly of Kelly's Korner (AKA Harper's mom), is my second cousin. Her dad and I are first cousins. Well, about a year ago, one of my aunts sent me the link to her blog and I was so impressed with it. After some thought, I decided to give blogging a try and have never looked back!

Finally, my dear friend, Rambling Gal, asked me for a little travel advice, "I like to visit places in my state, but sometimes we never hear about those so living up there tell me some neat places to visit that are just a hole in the ground." Well, being that we've lived in Georgia for only 4 years, I'm sure there is still a lot to see and do. However, some of our favorite places to visit are Tallulah Gorge State Park and Anna Ruby Falls...both are in the north Georgia mountains and you'll have the opportunity to see some gorgeous waterfalls! Great places for a picnic lunch! Also, we love visiting Dahlonega and Helen. You can go kayaking or tubing down the Chattahoochee River, pan for gold, do a little shopping...there are endless possibilities!

Alrighty, guess that's a wrap! Thanks, again, for all the great questions you submitted...it's been so much fun!

"Most of us are so busy doing things, regretting things, rushing around and planning for other moments, that it sometimes seems as if we lose sight of the moment we are really in-this one."~Don't Sweat the Small Stuff"
April
April

Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.

31 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

It's official...you're a really cool chick!!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

If you move to Mobile you will be close to the beach. If you move to Hot Springs you'll be 1 1/2 hours from me!!!

My In-Laws live in Kennesaw outside of Atlanta.

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a fun person you are! Have a great Monday!!!
sandy toe

Unknown said...

What a great experience to blog abou when you move to the new space!!! I just love your questions and answer sessions. What a great way to get to know you more!!!

Robin @ The Rendered Nest said...

Hi April, I REALLY appreciate you following us on our family vacation!! I enjoyed blogging about it, but it's always so nice to know that someone out there is listening!!

My husband is from Mobile, AL, so he could answer your questions...it is a wonderful city!

For your reader that asked about things to do in Georgia...we love to go to Stone Mtn!! And I agree with you about Helen and Dahlonega...they are fun, too.

Blessings, Robin

-stephanie- said...

All I know about Hattiesburg, Mississippi is that Brett Favre lives there. I wouldn't mind running in to him in town.

Darlene said...

I always enjoy hearing your wonderful answers to all of the questions. Hope you are all having a great Monday and keeping cool!

Pearl said...

i love reading your responses :)

Georgia Girl said...

LOL....I guess I should have told you my father is a retired minister and they live up near Helen...I been to all those places before...Thanks April for sharing this info...I never heard of those places till my parents bought a retirement home about 20 years ago...well it could have been longer.

Loved all the other answers also...love your girls names too! Maybe one day we could get together and meet.

Shelley said...

These were fun to read! You seem like such a "go with the flow" fun gal!! :-)

Aubs said...

fun questions and great answers!! I don't know much about Mobile but i do know that it is super close to me!! =) Having only been in pensacola for about 6 months we still have alot to learn about this city before venturing out to learn about surrounding cities but i haven't ever heard anyone say anything negative about Mobile!!

Debra Kaye said...

April,

Hi sweet one! Loved reading your answers and if I had my pick of any of those places I'd have to say AR over any others ... although AL has some beautiful areas too!

Blessings and hugs for you today!

SmilingSally said...

You certainly had a bunch of questions to answer. Perhaps I should try this.

Ter said...

I didn't know you were related to Kelly (Harper's Mom). I guess that explains why your blogs have similar mannerism! :)

Jennifer said...

Yep...another totally fun post to read!

Sue said...

I ALWAYS love reading about you. If you choose Mobile you would be REAL close to Gulf Shores which has BEAUTIFUL beaches!!!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi April
I enjoyed reading all your answers. It was great to hear how you started blogging and about your favorite places in Georgia. I love the sound of tubing down the river and paning for gold.
Hope you are having a lovely Monday.
Lindsay
x

Billy Coffey said...

Loved these answers, April. I'm glad I wasn't around at the pool, though. I'm not sure if I could've bitten my tongue hard enough to not say anything!

Anonymous said...

You are right. This has taken awhile to finish the Q & A. But I have enjoyed each one. It's always fun to get to know my bloggy pals better. :)

Did you not get the memo about TN being one of your choices?? :)

wife.mom.nurse said...

Wow, i learned so much today.

i didn't remember reading about moving!

had no idea that you were cousins with a blogger who inspired me too!

I have a feeling you will become an award winning marathon runner or triathlete one day...you have so much energy!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

April, my BIL lived in the Mobile area years ago, and it seems very nice. Plus, you will be close to the water. BIG PLUS.

I've been to Hattiesburg, and it has the benefit of having a univeristy there.

And I love Little Rock.

Loved reading your answers, and I'm glad you decided to blog!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing answer to all of those questions. It's been nice getting to know you better! :)

Denise said...

Enjoyed your answers.

Paula said...

This "Q&A" was so neat, April! I love learning more about my bloggy friends... and I'm like you- I never in a million years thought I would ever get hooked on blogging like I have! It's an addiction!

Mikki said...

What a fun post!! I love reading and getting to know you more!!

Susan said...

Love the new blog layout...

Anonymous said...

It's really been a lot of fun reading your answers to these questions. I have never been to Alabama, Arkansas, or Mississippi. My parents lived in Alabama for a short time before I was born and they still speak highly of it.

You are really a good girl because that woman at the pool would've gotten an ear full...:o)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi April!

I loved reading your answers. I had no idea that you guys are going to be moving in the near future. What a beautiful section of the country!

XOXO
Jen

Anonymous said...

I'd like to attempt a marathon someday!

Anonymous said...

Love. love. LOVE that quote. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Jodi said...

There's nothing wrong with being a southerner. And, not just because I'm married to one, but I have a fondness for the southern people that I know. Southern is a good thing to be, friend:) I already miss the southern people now that I'm back up North :(. I loved reading your Q & As as always! It's great getting to know you better!