Wednesday, May 6, 2009

She Can FLY!

Well, folks, it's that time, again, to join my friend, Angie, over at 7 Clown Circus for "Wordful Wednesday". She gives each of us the opportunity to tell about a picture or something that we want to share. You know me...I never can pass up a chance to blab! So, here's a picture of Brittany I took last summer...
Yes, we do all sorts of "interesting" things around here when we get bored. I remember this day so well. I told Brittany to hop on my broom, run through our backyard, leap into the air, and I'd snap a picture of her. I'm sure that's a common, ordinary thing EVERYONE does with their kids, right? LOL! Well, this picture was the result. We laughed so hard when we looked at it! It, actually, appears that she's flying! Wouldn't you agree? Never a dull moment around our house...that's for certain! We'll try just about anything for a giggle!

"If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow, why, oh, why can't I?"~E.Y. Harburg


P.S. I just have to say here that you guys ROCK! You never cease to amaze me with your kindness and support. Every time I've asked for your prayers, you've come through and I can't tell you what that means to me. Well, God must have heard all the prayers lifted up on Brittany's behalf because she tore the 3200m up last night! I was a little nervous because her teammate, Megan, stayed on her heels for the first 2 laps (out of 8). Finally, Brittany broke away from her and Megan dropped way behind. Brittany ran with the "pack" for the rest of the race. About about the 6th lap, Brittany passed one of her longtime opponents from another school, whom she'd never beat in track before! We call her "Bobble Head" because her head sways back and forth in rhythm when she runs. Brittany ended up, not only beating "Bobble Head" and her teammate, but she broke her school record by 7 secs., finishing with a time of 11:42! She placed 7th in the region (AAAAA), overall! Her coach told her it was her best race ever...and I definitely agree! Her head was in the race, and she was more focused and determined than I've seen her in awhile. I am so proud of what's she's accomplished...but, my throat is raw from yelling! :)
April
April

Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.

57 comments:

missy said...

LOVE the picture....way to funny!!!!!!

and GREAT job to Brittany!!!!!
we have regionals on the 15th......

The Blonde Duck said...

That's a really cool picture!

Pam D said...

Oh my gosh! YAY Brittany!!! I am so impressed with the way she always comes back from defeat with a renewed determination to do better! What a huge praise... and last night she truly DID fly! I love that picture, btw... you've given me some fun ideas to do with my boy and the girls next door! :<) OH... I got your package last night.. you are SO sweet and thoughtful! I'll be posting about it, hopefully today.. but you rock, April! BIG hugs....

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a fun picture...she does look like she is flying!! GREAT.
sandy toe

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

It totally looks like she is flying! She must be a high jumper. I love how fun y'all are!

Beth in NC said...

Now see, I would have said, "Don't run with the broom honey." LOL What a great picture April! And congratulations to Britney on the awesome run!

Amber Dupree said...

Your family is so much fun!

Go, Brittany!! She really can fly...on the track.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Cute pic, April! And congrats to Brittany! Way to go!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sandy said...

What a funny shot! It must be fun at your house:0)

Congrats to Brittany! She is awesome!

Melissa G said...

What a GREAT picture! I'm going to have to remember to do this with my kids some day!

And way to go Brittany!

southerninspiration said...

that pic is priceless, as is the news of her success!! Yay for Brittany!!! I know she is elated, and I'm impressed with her determination!!!

Suzanne

Jodi said...

Love the picture! You all look like you have so much fun! I want to come play:)

Way to go Brittany!!!

Mommy Mac said...

WOW!! This picture of Brittany is for real! She can fly!

Love the impromptu-ness of the picture and the determination Brittany had to surpass her expectations and limits!!

What a wonderful life lesson for her!

:) .mac

Debra Kaye said...

This is too funny! And yes, it definitely looks like she is flying!

Missed ya, my friend. Hope you have been well!

ClassyChassy said...

With that photo, you have captured a fleeting flying moment in time! Great Shot!

Sharon M. said...

Woohoo, Brittany!!! Way to go, girl! 7th in the Region is awesome!! April, please tell her how proud we are of her. Maybe we should put another call into the coach at Arkansas.

Tim said...

YAAYYYY!! NOW THATS MY GIRL!!!!! Now EVERYBODY knows who the queen of the track is.

Thats right, thats right
Its Britt its Britt,
You know it you know it!

You Go Girl!!!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

elizabeth said...

That is one of the most awesome photos ever!

And yay Brittany for the wonderful achievement in track!

Darlene said...

WOOHOO for Brittany...YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!

That picture is hilarious! I think we are going to have to get whatever kind of camera you have!!! There is no way our camera would have taken that clear of an "action" shot! LOVE IT!

Deb said...

great photo...congrats to Brittany...good job..how's Abby?

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

Good for her on the race! Was she using her broom or just running? (kidding of course)

I loved the picture!

SmilingSally said...

What a fascinating shot.

Anonymous said...

That's such an awesome picture!! lol She's got both feet off the ground and way up in the air!! Impressive! Maybe she needs to take up hurdle races, as well! :)

Speaking of races, that's awesome news. Thumbs up, Brittany!

Shelley said...

I love the way your mind thinks with that photo above!! LOL!! Very funny!! And great news about Brittany - how could she lose with her mom cheering her on so loudly?!!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

OK... how freaking HIGH did she jump? Because it looks like she's WAY off the ground!! That picture is HILARIOUS!!!!! You need to photoshop a witches hat & cap on that!!! Perfect for Halloween!!!

And GO BRITTANY!!!!! That's AWESOME! I thought I heard yelling outside last night...was that you :0)

Amy said...

Hysterical photo. I love it!

Congrats on her accomplishments, that is awesome!

Brittany said...

What a great shot! I think it's awesome! Plus her name is Brittany and spelled the same as mine. Hard to find that!!!! Have a great Wednesday!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Congratulations to Brittany! WooHoo!

And that picture is amazing!! Lori

Robin Beck said...

Way to go Brittany!

Love the picture - I LOVE the funny look on her face! Too cute!

Unknown said...

I fly just like that when I am on my broom!!!!

Great photo girlie!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great picture for today! She really does look like she is flying! Brittany good job, we are all so proud of you and I knew you could do it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Haha!! Love that picture...how in the world did she jump that high?!

So glad to hear that Brittany did as well as she did! Good job girl!!!!! Us bloggers are super proud!

Daphine said...

LOL! What a great photo! Love it!

Congrats to Brittany on doing such a great job! I am sure you're one proud momma, as you should be.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Linda said...

What a cute picture! So funny how you caught her mid-air!

Way to go Brittany! Congrats on breaking the school record! We all knew you could do it!

tiarastantrums said...

that shot cracks em up!

Unknown said...

I randomly clicked on your blog from another - and I feel like I've been here before, but you know how it is in blog land - you can get lost really easily! ha!

I love this picture - it totally looks like something we'd do over here! Too fun!

I just watched your video too and have to say, I love your southern accent. Too cute.

Well, I just wanted to say hello. You look to interesting not to follow, ha!)

I have a friend (Jill at Forever and Ever and Always) who did the video carnival. I'll have to try that sometime too. Looks fun. I'm camera shy though (like you), so I'm not sure how it'll go.

Nice to meet you (unless we've met before - then nice to visit again!). :)

Have a lovely day.
Lynnette
Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground

Unknown said...

That picture is great!

Aubs said...

okay....that picture is HILARIOUS and then to find out that you guys just decided to do that for fun makes it even better!!!

GREAT JOB BRITTANY!!! What an accomplishment!!

Heather said...

awesome race last night! she is one determine girl isn't she!? love the picture of her flying on the broom. that's too cute!

Susan said...

Cool picture. Very creative!

Way to go Brittany!

Denise said...

Such a great picture, love it. I am so proud of Brittany.

michele said...

YAY!!! for Brittany!! That is soo awesome about her track accomplishment. Something to be VERY proud of!
And I love the pic of her flying on the broom!

Anonymous said...

April! She is so amazing that Brittany! The picture is HILARIOUS! We will try that this summer : ).

I am so glad she rocked it last night. I can't believe how amazing she is doing this year. That is AWESOME! I am so happy for her!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi April
Great picture! She looks like she is in training for the next Harry Potter Film!! Oh and yes we do that all the time!!!!
Great news about the race. Well done Brittany.
Lindsay
x

Aubrey said...

Hilarious! I can see why you two had a good laugh over this one!
Such fun!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Brittany! Whoo hoo!!!!


So funny about that pic since I literally just came from reading this post at A Thorn Among Roses:
http://rdehaus.blogspot.com/2009/05/wind-and-silliness.html

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

What a great picture! And congrats to Brittany on her race, that's amazing!

More Than Words said...

It totally looks like she's flying!!!

Oh..and how awesome about her race!!

Billy Coffey said...

Never, NEVER, would I be able to pull that picture off. I'd trip and kill myself. But that was awesome.

And congratulations to Brittany for winning her race. That was awesome too, and really shows what she's made of.

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome picture! So funny!

Congrats to Brittany!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pearl said...

i love that picture! GREAT JOB, BRITTANY!

Pearl said...

my goodness, April, I do hope that your brother in law really takes greater care of himself. he has a whole family that wouldn't be the same if something happened to him.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Cute picture! And yay for Brittney!

XOXO
Jen

Georgia Girl said...

Dang is Brittany a hig jumper also...do the vault...she could do well in this field...Great pic!

Anonymous said...

THat picture is awesome! I love it. I try to get jumping picture with the kids at church but my camera is just a few seconds slower than normal and I usually get about half of them in the air.

Anonymous said...

I just can not get enough of this picture! So perfectly funny : ).