On Friday night, Chris, Abby, and I decided to rent "Mall Cop" and watch it in Chris' man cave. Yes, he, actually, allows us girls to infringe on his "territory"...what a guy! Brittany, of course, was out on a date...we hardly see that girl, anymore!The movie, to me, was just alright, but Abby loved it! Well, it got over about 9:45 PM. Out of the blue, Chris looked over at Abby and said, "Would you be up for a Sonic run?" She asked for clarification and he said we could run down to Sonic and get some corn dogs, onion rings, and slushes. Abby's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree! She was already in her pj's, but we all hopped in the car, dogs and all, and headed for Sonic.
Abby and Chris both got corn dogs, onion rings, and strawberry slushes. I just sat there in amazement at how they could eat that kind of food so late at night! I would have been miserable, so I had to pass. I got my thrill out of watching the excitement on Abby's face. I knew that it was a memory in the making. I definitely think it will be our new "late night" tradition from now on. Oh, and when while we were sitting there, Brittany called to say that she was home and wanted to know where we were. When we told her, she requested a corn dog and onion rings, too...so, we put in another order. Spontaneity...that's where the real fun lies!
"We do not remember days; we remember moments."~Cesare Pavese, The Burning Brand

41 comments:
The best family memories happen at the spur-of-the-moment.
what a fun post!!!!!!
my kids love sonic slushes!!!!!
Sounds like a lot of fun! How are you guys so in shape!?!?!?
Dang it... I GOTTA try Sonic! I still cant believe I've never been there!!!!!
Your weekend sounds wonderful!!! Enjoy it!
We have a sonic but never have been there...guess I need to try it out...I love me some corn dogs but maybe around lunch time instead of late, I agree I would be so bloated eating that late. Glad you all had a fun night.
LOL! Fabulous fun!!! When I was preggers with The Bella, I ate chili cheese dogs like they were going outta style!! Good times!
I'm glad you like my bloggy makeover. It took so longggg to have my "vision" a reality, but definitely worth the wait!
I love spontaneous fun nights like this! I bet Abby will remember it the rest of her life! (I still remember my uncle taking me for a White Castle run when he was babysitting me one night!) Hope you have a great weekend with your family!
Sonic is the best...not for your diet but for memories...we've made a few late runs to Sonic ourselves..when I was a teenager we cruised the sonic on the weekends...
We love Sonic - and we didn't have them back in NJ, so it's definitely a "southern" thing for us to enjoy! It's a real treat when we tell the kids "c'mon...let's take a ride to Sonic!".
What a fun and memorable tradition to start!
We have done that before and Lexi LOVES it!! Along with whatever she orders she always has to get a chocolate shake or an M&M Blast. I am like you and can't eat late anymore so I just take a couple of sips of her treat! YUM!
What a wonderful moment y'all had. You are right - you will all remember that night.
I remember well going with my dad on Saturday nights to the doughnut shop. They made the fresh ones at night so we got them steaming hot!
I recently started reading your blog and really enjoy it.
What a fun night for your family--memories like this are the best!
FUN~FUN~FUN!!!!
I would have gotten a Coke or whatever... just for their ice! ;)
How fun!! Nothing like doing things at the spur of the moment!:) You are such a fun family! Lori
That sounds like such a fun thing to do April! I love it : ) Sadly, though, I would have definitely ate right along with them : ). I didn't see Mall cop but I might rent it tonight. I need to laugh!
How FUN!! That's definitely a memory in the making.
Surely Abby won't forget that night for a long time....how special!! Way to go, Dad!!
what a fun night! i couldn't have eaten those things either that late but i totally could have eaten some ice cream or a slushy or a chicken sandwich, lol. i love Sonic! i can't wait to come to Texas in september so i can eat sonic again! we don't have any near where we live.
We had NEVER had sonic till we moved to FL! I don't know how we lived. LOL.
We love to hit the HAPPY HOUR between 2 and 4 for half price drinks.. oh wait.. it's after 2 now..
I'm off to Sonic!
SO much fun! What a great new tradition. :-D
Oh April
I want to go to Sonic! And Chick-a Fil-a! We are deprived of both in England!!!Glad to hear Abby and Chris enjoyed their late night snack. Sounds like a fun and memorable evening.
Thanks again for the lovely birthday surprise Abby sent for Jessica. It really made her day. Hope you got the e-mail.
Lindsay
x
I totally want a hot dog now...
We ove Sonic too, but there isn't one close by. All we have is a Dairy Queen. :(
Now, I want a slushie.
Loved reading this! I am sure it is something that Abby will look back on years later.
Have a great weekend friend!
Sounds fun, like something I would've done with my parents. I'll be glad when my boys are old enough to enjoy spur of the moment runs like that!!
Sounds like fun to me, I love sonic. Enjoy your weekend sweetie.
Love the spontanaety! Awesome Daddy!
:-D
April~
I would have to agree with the others...that sounds like such a fun evening!! I know as an adult, it is the small things that are my fondest memories. And I am sure this will be one of Abby's!!
Hope this weekend is just as much fun!! BTW, I know how you feel about Britt never being around...we have that same issue with "Miss Priss" lately.
Hugs!! Carrie♥
Oooh, the man cave and Sonic! Great night! (It really does sound great, actually!) Thanks for stopping by to say congrats! I love Sandy Toes and it was so nice of her to feature me! :) Have a great weekend April!
Carrie
I will be trying it soon-we have one going in around the corner from us, and I have never tried it...What?? Did I see strawberry slushes?? Oh Yum!
I grew up eating at Sonic while growing up in Kansas. We also have family in Missouri and Oklahoma with Sonics all over! Heaven. We moved to Indiana in the early 80's and were devestated to discover there were NO Sonic's! Until recently!! One opened about 8 miles away from our home. I ♥ me a large diet coke w/ xxlime and cherries. Yumm to the O!
You are making wonderful memories.
What fun memories. We rented Mall Cop too - I thought some parts of it were hilarious.
I love Sonic's ice. They have the best ice.
XOXO
Jen
Mall Cop was awesome!
We love Sonic, here too. Traditions are great, so when it includes food of the Sonic kind, that makes it even better :)
A run to Sonic sounds yummy! We haven't eaten there in forever.
I love making new traditions!!! John and I love to make late night Sonic runs...but for ice cream.
We don't have Chick-Fil-A here :(
Sonic rocks!
I love reading things like this, and I think back to college and dating Mr. Magpie and how much we loved Sonic! LOL! My parents loved a local hamburger joint that wasn't a chain, so I can remember going there with them and how much I looked forward to it. You are, indeed, building memories, and being spontaneous is part of the fun!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Very fun! I couldn't handle all that food late at night either. But I'm always good for a strawberry slush!
You know she's going to remember that forever! I love those kinds of fun times. We don't have any Sonics around us any more, they all closed! We watched Paul Blart this weekend too, it was cute but not hilarious or anything.
What a great memory and new summer tradition! I'm sure that Abby just loved it.
Post a Comment