Brittany's had a good birthday, so far. She went shopping yesterday with one of her best friends, so that was a lot of fun! We, of course, went to church this morning and when we got home, Abby and I got busy making her birthday cake. We'll treat her to dinner out tonight at one of her favorite restaurants, Macaroni Grill. We're all really looking forward to "eating large"! We opted just to keep things low key this year since we gave her a "Sweet 16" birthday party last year.
I do want to share a funny story with you that Chris reminded me of when we were leaving church. Well, after I had Brittany, I made the decision that first night that I wanted her to stay in the same room with me, rather than have her go to the nursery. She was a bit on the fussy side and I tried for the longest time to get her settled down. Finally, she fell sound asleep and I placed her gently in the bassinet so not to wake her. I made my way, ever so carefully, to the bathroom. While I was in there, I kept hearing like a sound like a motor running. It just kept going and going. Chris was in the room with Brittany, so I felt certain he heard it, too, and would attempt to do something about it so she wouldn't waken.
Well, after several minutes, I opened the bathroom door to find my dear husband on the hospital bed with it jacked up about 5 feet in the air!!! I could not believe my eyes!!! I was not too pleased (that's an understatement!), and I asked him what in the world was he doing? He told me that he was trying to see how high the bed would go! Was he not using noggin?
I was sore, tired, and very cranky...he didn't know who he was messing with! I told him to get down off that bed ASAP because if he woke Brittany up from her slumber, he was going to be DEAD MEAT!!! Believe me, at that very moment, I meant every single word of it! We had a good laugh about it this morning, but it sure wasn't too funny then! Did I mention that he is such a stinker??? :)
As I'm sure all of you know...tonight is the Super Bowl. Well, so often, we hear stories about big name athletes who haven't chosen to follow the straight and narrow path in life by getting involved with drugs, illegal activities, etc. I came across this video that shows several athletes from the Steelers and the Cardinals talking about their faith...be inspired!
It's so refreshing to hear these athletes talking openly about their faith in God. Actually, that's what our sermon in church today was about...how it's our mission as Christians to bring others to Christ. The greatest thing you can do for another person is to share with them what God has done for you. So, today, I encourage you to take that leap of faith and share the good news!
Have a blessed Sunday...hugs to you all!♥

18 comments:
Hahaha...Men!
That is too funny, April! I hope you all have a great time celebrating Brittany's birthday!
April,
Loved the story about Chris...I remember being so tired with Josh and sore and cranky too! lol Funny how those hormones start coming back around...Oiy Vay! lol
Speaking of the athletes and their testimonies...I wonder if you have Kurt Warners from the Cardinals...it is awesome!
Happy Sunday to you, my friend. May you be blessed on this day. ((hugs))
haha. That's so funny about Chris. I was trying to get a mental picture in my head. lol.
What a funny story! I wouldn't have been very pleased about it at the time either! lol
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Jen
Hi April
Glad to hear Brittany had a lovely day and a good shopping trip with her friends.
Your story about Chris made me laugh. That is the sort of thing Tim would do. He wanted to try the gas and air but I was not letting go of it, no way it was mine!!!
I found the video very inspiring. Thanks for sharing it.
Lindsay
WE HAVE SNOW!!!
haha great story about Chris. Love it! Sounds like something JOhn would do.
Glad Brittany had an awesome day!!
Oh April...It warmed my heart to read about yours & Brittany's hug-n-cry session...how special that was! Your Chris is such a MAN..well, congrats for that too...LOL ;-) Bo
I am cracking up at your hubby! That is just too funny! Sounds like Brittany is having a great day!♥
I am happy to know that Brittany enjoyed her birthday.
Ok! I'm going over to the birthday post now. I am taking this one as the tissue warning!
I am glad Brittney had a wonderful day. Macaroni Grill is one of my favs!
OH my... LOL
April,
Your post on Brittany had me almost in tears as I told you & this post did the same to me. It was just so sweet that she came to you and let it all out. Sometimes that is so hard for teenagers to do-they hold it all in. What a treasure your daughter is!
The story about Chris was LOL! At first I thought you were at home and wondered why in the world would you have a hospital bed at home!!! It's getting late! :-)
Thanks for a great read!!
xoxo
Janie
Great post. Sounds like Brittany had a funny day:)
Wib.
i like your blog.
Visit my blog
April, I'm so glad that Brittany read her birthday post from you and that it meant so much to her.
I'm laughing over the story of Chris raising the hospital bed as high as it would go--so like a man--and great timing too! It would never occur to me to try something like that!
That was an awesome video, April... it's so nice to see these big tough guys profess their faith- what great role models!
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment