Monday, December 8, 2008

A True Man of Faith...

I'm sure many of you are fans of Steven Curtis Chapman...he's been one of my favorite Christian artists for a long time. If so, you probably heard the tragic story of how he lost his precious daughter, Maria, this past summer. Well, I just admire him and his family so much and their incredible strength and faith. I was so blessed by this video...hope you will be, too!



And here's his new Christmas song and video...ENJOY!!!



April
April

Hello, I'm April, welcome to my blog. I look at every day as an adventure and an opportunity to laugh and to learn. You will soon discover that my family and my faith are at the heart of who I am.

24 comments:

Lorrie said...

April, I just love SCC and have been following the blog of his manager Jim Houser on the SCC website daily since little Maria died last May. I also really admire the entire family and have kept them in my prayers during these last months which have been so hard for them all.

Davisix said...

Amazing! That's all I can say. He and his family and their faith are so inspirational. Thank you for sharing this with us. He is and always will be one of my favorite artists and Christians. Ang

Ruby Red Slippers said...

So powerful!
I remember the day exactly-one of the ambulance workers was a family member of one of our friends-Their family's response was so moving, and beautiful...

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Unless my eyes are going, how can I get 'snow' on my blog, too???

Denise said...

He and his dear family are beyond precious.

Rae said...

Truly, TRULY an amazing man and an amazing family! Thank you for sharing!!!

Daphine said...

Thanks so much for posting this April! I love this new song! He and his family are just amazing! They have moved even more people since the day of losing their little Maria! They are TRULY a blessing!

Have a great week friend!

Robin Beck said...

He and his family are amazing Christians. People always tell me my son looks like SCC when he was younger. :)
Have a great week April,
Robin~♥

Anonymous said...

I remember reading about this not too long after it happened. What a sad day for them. Their faith is moving! I love this new song!

Darlene said...

They are an amazing family! I LOVE his new song....BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful song. He and his family are amazing christians. I am thankful for their testimony.

Shell in your Pocket said...

I love Steven Curtis Champman too!! He is just a wonderful "artist"...my heart has gone out to their family with their "loss".Thanks for sharing!
-sandy toes

Danyele Easterhaus said...

i love SCC...i did a post recently about shohannah's hope and all work they do with adoption and orphan care. i can hardly stand the thought of their loss. so sad.

Debra Kaye said...

It's amazing isn't it April...to not only hear of someone's faith but actually see them living it out.

This family truly touches me.

((hugs)) to you!

Georgia Girl said...

I so love him also! What an amazing family!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

THANK YOU!!! I now have snow outside, and on my blog! I love it! (I don't know how you find these things, but I love it!!)

Sandy said...

What an amazing man:)

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I love Steven Curtis Chapman! That was such a tragic event here in Music City! His family has been handling it so beautifully!! Love his music!

Sit A Spell said...

I have listened to SCC since he first came on the scene. I was at his first concert after that happened...he was so broken. I have been praying for his family and know God is using this tragedy for others to see HIM. Their faith is amazing.
Ok...lived in AR (go hogs)as a child and GA a few yrs back and now we are up north in MI. Praying God will see fit to put this southern girl back in the south! : )

Sit A Spell said...

OH...my mama is in Hot Springs...we will be there in 3 weeks! I grew up just south of Little Rock. Wearing a Razorback sweatshirt right now! : ) Come back and sit a spell...gotta check the oven and supper!

Unknown said...

An inspirational story!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

My heart just ached for him & his family when I learned of the tragic way his daughter died!

He is an inspiration!


my word verification is believe....how weird!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this with us. I was very touched and will think on this for days to come, learning from this.

Shannon said...

That was a great interview. He's been my favorite artist for over 15years and I love his music and his heart. What a great reminder that God is our living hope.