Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Is In The Air


Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Are you one to celebrate this day all out? Did your honey shower you with flowers, candy, or other gifts?  Well, I'm one of those people who loves getting special attention from my hubby on special occasions, but Valentine's Day has never been a real biggie, in my book. Guess I'm just old fashioned in my way of thinking. I think 'love' is something you should show your significant other on a daily basis, not just on Valentine's Day. Now, don't get me wrong; I'd never turn up my nose at a bouquet of roses or a little surprise from my favorite jewelry store...ARE YOU KIDDING??? All I'm saying is that I don't need those 'things' to make feel feel loved...I already know that I am!

Just wanted to let you know that Chris finally got an offer this morning from a company that would take us to Columbia, SC. He's very excited about it and I'm still trying to process it all.  The offer won't become "official" for another two weeks or so as they have to run a background check, etc.  That will allow him some more time to possibly hear back from the other companies he's been interviewing with.  So, at this point, I'm trying to put it all in God's hands...knowing that He will lead the way if I allow Him.

Big hugs to you all!


17 comments:

panamamama said...

Congrats! I know it will work out for the best. Mom said Columbia is beautiful. She went there a year or two ago and almost didn't want to come home!

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm so happy for you and your family, April! Will this take you further or closer to Brittany? Is this near Charleston at all?

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

XO.
Jane

Lorrie said...

That's wonderful news April! I know it's further from Alabama, but still in the South. I know it must be so hard to process because there have been so many different places that Chris interviewed all in different directions. I pray that if this is the right move you will clearly know it, and if not that another offer will come in right away.

-stephanie- said...

Praying God directs your every step. He knows where you're supposed to be. Congrats on finally getting an offer. Have a lovely day.

Amy said...

Aww.. April!! I am super excited about this job offer. SOUTH CAROLINA!!

From a Razorback, to Bulldog to a Gamecock???? ;)

Kimberly said...

great news, April. I hope the job follows thru.

Columbia, SC - I have never been there.

Diane said...

That is great news! Columbia is not to awfully far away from me.

Barb - The Empty Nest Mom said...

South Carolina? Beautiful state! Putting it in God's hands? Very wise. Wishing you the best.

Penny @ The Comforts of Home/Flea Market Makeovers said...

Yeah! Columbia SC is only about 2 and a half hours from me! If you moved there, maybe we can meet halfway for lunch!

Rebecca Jo said...

SC? That's not as far as New York :) That's exciting news though!!!! Keep us updated if they are give the final OK on it so we can celebrate with you & pray about the move!!!!

Yep - I'll never turn down a gift that says, "I love you" - but also know I'm loved the other 364 days of a year :)

Paula said...

Oh, April~ I know it must be a time of so many mixed emotions... but I know it will all work out for the best.... hang in there, gal!
I'm totally with you on Valentine's Day... I think you do something special for the ones you love every day, not just once a year... But my hubby did bring home a box of pecan turtles for me so we'll just keep that between ourselves... *haha*

Walking on Sunshine... said...

That's exciting news!!! Not sure where you're living now and how far of a move that will be! But I'm sure your hubby is looking forward to getting back to work! Happy for you all!

Joyce said...

I'm sure it feels scary good : ) and the right thing will work out. One day you'll look back from a house somewhere and see how God put you exactly where you were meant to be.

auburnchick said...

YAY1111111111111111111111 Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I do love getting attention on the other 364 days in the year! It doesn't happen often so I will take what I can get on Valentine's Day. He does love me, just not romantic at all. The news on the job front is wonderful. I know that moving is not something you are looking forward to. ((HUGS))

Queenie Jeannie said...

Big hugs and fingers crossed, April!!! I know this has been a tough period for your whole family and I hope you are at the beginning of the end of it!!!!

Liz said...

So glad that Chris got a job offer! I hope everything works out!